What's new

Rebuildable questions from a beginner

Deadanddripping

Postman
Hi all, I currently am using a zlide top and a nautilus 3 to MTL sweeter tobacco juices such as Powwow sauce and similar.

In my quest for flavour I have had a look at rebuildables, presuming an RTA would be the way to go.

The Internet has a million things to throw at me so I was thinking I'd ask the trusty POTV guys. What's a good device for a total beginner? I don't want to spend a fortune but I want to know if I'm doing some of these great juices justice. If there a marked difference over stock coils? How often do you have to replace cotton and coils?

All I can say, as I dont MTL is, once you are setup with all the kit for rebuilding its much cheaper that buying pre made coils in the long run. You can get 10 foot of wire for about a fiver and cotton for 4 quid which will last you a year ;)

Last edited:
Sticking with your Aspire theme there aren't many MTL RTA's better than The Neeko, easy to build and plenty of Airflow Options, also i am liking the ZQ Trio and The Vapefly Galaxies. I am putting a build in a Hellvape Vertex kindly given to me by @hack400 later and have heard nothing but good things about it.

If you can handle a wait the Dvarw MTL FL and Kayfun Lite Plus clones sold on AliExpress are worth a look. Definitely not this weeks latest 'must have' but both are very good all rounders that are easy to build. If you decide to pick up a Dwarw make sure you buy one with a set of airpins - the Dvarws and KFs are available in 22 and 24mm versions and range from £15 to £25 delivered.

On the subject of how often do I change the coil - not very. I will generally clean the coil buy heating it and dunking it in a cup of water a couple of times until any baked on crud falls off and just re-wick. I change the cotton when it looks nasty - which could be anything from a few days to a few weeks but I don't change the wire often at all - maybe every 1 to 2 months. If you buy a spool of wire the cost of just changing the coil instead of just the cotton is miniscule, but I'm a lazy sod.

Thanks guys, I'm really tempted to get something and give it a go. So many options, I can't make up my mind. Great suggestions, thank you all.

The dvwarv as already mentioned is a good starter
As for coils I have a couple of coils in rotation that are 6 month's plus scrub up like new with a small wire brush

Like anything you can get good clones and poor ones,. you might be better with a authentic tank, unless you want to save cash. Clones are cheap enough but the wait for them to arrive from China can take a good while

I'm relatively new to them but I found rebuildables aren't as convenient as stock coils though the flavour they produce is more pronounced but they use more juice and getting the wicking right is the trickiest part and needs practice. As others have said you can clean a coil so they will last a long while but as I make my own coils I tend to replace the coil too when I re-wick as wire is dirt cheap and you can just lift the whole build out so less messy. How often you need to re-wick depends on how much you vape but apart from how disgusting it looks I go by when the flavour drops off. I still use a Nautilus 3 alongside my rtas.

I'm relatively new to them but I found rebuildables aren't as convenient as stock coils though the flavour they produce is more pronounced but they use more juice and getting the wicking right is the trickiest part and needs practice. As others have said you can clean a coil so they will last a long while but as I make my own coils I tend to replace the coil too when I re-wick as wire is dirt cheap and you can just lift the whole build out so less messy. How often you need to re-wick depends on how much you vape but apart from how disgusting it looks I go by when the flavour drops off. I still use a Nautilus 3 alongside my rtas.

That's my plan buddy, I've not long had my zlide and I know I have 2 solid stock options ready. I'm just curious to see the difference in the vape experience more than worrying about coil cost and such.

Back
Top Bottom