What's new

RTA MTL with nic salts viable option?

sGs.Gendo

Initiate
HI!

Little back story:
Been smoking around a pack a day or rollie equivalent for 20 years and wanted to quit for as many years, tried vaping back when crappy pens where next gen stuff and it didn't work, tried the quality pen devices and didn't work. After a few years I tried a mod kit with premade coils and good quality juice and it didn't work, too much nic and it was too harsh and too low and I could vape all day and in both cases craved cigs.

Fast forward to few weeks back and I tried Vuse epod 2 and I never thought about smoking whilst vaping it but a few issues keep me from continuing on that, too expensive, needs charging x4 a day and the flavour is crap and inconsistent. Tried refilling with good 50/50 nic salt but hits different, kinda "too smooth".

Now, bought a Voopoo V.Trhu Pro device which is great overall but with 20mg salts it's still "too smooth" hence think about smoking, also considering the amount I vape the pods cost isn't insignificant. The only thing that keeps me from doing so is the amazing flavour especially the Nasty Salts Cushman Banana!

Now to the confusion:
Been looking for something with a tighter draw more similar to cigs or the Vuse and also cheaper to run and think an RTA MTL would work but keep seeing that isn't recommended for nic salts.
Building it seems straight forward and interesting to master and the cost of coils is insignificant which will also allow me to explore more flavours with little expense.

Is this something that will give me the results I think it will? Any recommendations on pretty much every component (from UK vendors) especially which coils will suit best. From what I understand it won't take much wattage but don't mind a stronger mod for more flexibility on DTL.

Thanks for reading all this :)

it will work, whether you like it or not will all depend on the specific liquid, strength and what tank you decide to buy.

but, if 20mg salt was “too smooth” with the voodoo you might have the same problem with a rebuildable tank. i would advise getting one anyway, and experiment with different liquid, get some 20mg salt, 18 and 12mg freebase and just see how you get on.

others will surely advise on good tanks to pick up, i’ve not had any new gear for ages apart from this one:

https://naturevape.co.uk/products/bishop-mtl-rta-by-ambition-mods?variant=39344662085806

which i would highly recommend, but might be a bit pricey depending on whether or not it works out.

good luck, just stick with it until you find what works. :)

Salts are smooth even though 20mg so have you thought about standard nic. Lower the nic to maybe 6-12mg which will have the throat hit and maybe stem the craving.
Can't help with rta as I don't build.

Yep, as @MrDJ says above, I don't tend to get on with nic salts and find them too smooth and lacking throat hit. I use 12mg nic standard (or 'freebase') nic but started on 18mg.

.......... but apart from that, yes an MTL RTA will certainly be cheaper to run, and you sound like you might enjoy learning to build the coils instead of paying for them. :D

Personally, I can't see why an MTL RTA wouldn't work with nic salts - there are plenty of nic salt users on here using them. :)

it will work, whether you like it or not will all depend on the specific liquid, strength and what tank you decide to buy.

but, if 20mg salt was “too smooth” with the voodoo you might have the same problem with a rebuildable tank. i would advise getting one anyway, and experiment with different liquid, get some 20mg salt, 18 and 12mg freebase and just see how you get on.

others will surely advise on good tanks to pick up, i’ve not had any new gear for ages apart from this one:

https://naturevape.co.uk/products/bishop-mtl-rta-by-ambition-mods?variant=39344662085806

which i would highly recommend, but might be a bit pricey depending on whether or not it works out.

good luck, just stick with it until you find what works. :)

Might give that a go, is it a reputable website?

Any recommendation on coil resistance?

Yep, as @MrDJ says above, I don't tend to get on with nic salts and find them too smooth and lacking throat hit. I use 12mg nic standard (or 'freebase') nic but started on 18mg.
Thinking of nic salts because it's the thing across the two latest devices that kept me from smoking but will try freebase as well with the new kit. Any recommendations on Mods for it? Do they all read the ohms from the coil and how many Watts if I want to stick in a DTL tank?
Thanks!

Thinking of nic salts because it's the thing across the two latest devices that kept me from smoking but will try freebase as well with the new kit. Any recommendations on Mods for it? Do they all read the ohms from the coil and how many Watts if I want to stick in a DTL tank?
Thanks!
If you're thinking of using RTAs, you be better off with a mod that you can adjust settings on, but I'll let others recommend one as I've not bought one for a very long time.

Naturevape (as linked by Zou) are excellent, by the way.

Might give that a go, is it a reputable website?

Any recommendation on coil resistance?

aye, nature vape are highly regarded, i don’t think i’ve seen anything negative about them posted here. i only linked there as it looks like the cheapest i could see the bishop in the uk on a quick google search. if you look around you might see it cheaper.

like @Crewella i’ve not really bought any mods in a long while. but a small single 18650 battery device or even an internal battery would suffice.

there are no doubt other cheaper tanks out there too that are decent, hopefully others will be along with recommendations.

Anyone who says you can't use salts in an MTL RTA doesn't know what they are talking about as it's absolutely fine. If you bought some 12mg freebase liquid you'd get more of the throat hit you are talking about and you could always run a device with 12mg freebase in alongside one with 20mg salts in, it's what I do. As for RTAs someone posted about getting an aspire Neeko from eBay for £12 or something, if you can find that thread that's a bargain for a great MTL RTA.

Back
Top Bottom