What's new

RTA MTL with nic salts viable option?

When you say horrible taste, what do you mean? Burnt? Which airflow inserts do you have in top and bottom?

Is that a Neeko, i didn't recognise it with it been Silver, i had the same problem till @John R told me to remove the top airflow pin.

Not burnt taste just bad not sure how to describe it, now I tried again and it's gone and little gurgling but still doesn't taste proper. I put in something that should taste like berry lemonade and all I get is slightly minty...

I used a 1ohm clapton and 2.5 cotton not thinned, top pin is 2 and bottom is 1.2

Device reads 0.9ohms and it's set at 15w

Wouldn't dream of being that presumptuous mate :D I just said what works for me.

Did you give it a good wash before you started using it? For the gurgling try taking out the top insert as @John R mentioned and see what happens.

Hardly touched any of my tanks since I got the billets to be fair.

Did you dry burn the coil to remove hotspots before wicking? I use 2.5mm laces on a 3mm Id coil, there should be enough cotton to slightly move the coil back and forth. Some gurgling is good, excessive is bad and can lead to the tank crapping itself over the mod. New cotton can have a funky taste which eases after use. Once you get that hallelujah moment and get it right you will never use a stock coil again, be warned different tanks have different quirks so each have a learning curve.
Did you dry burn the coil to remove hotspots before wicking? I use 2.5mm laces on a 3mm Id coil, there should be enough cotton to slightly move the coil back and forth. Some gurgling is good, excessive is bad and can lead to the tank crapping itself over the mod. New cotton can have a funky taste which eases after use. Once you get that hallelujah moment and get it right you will never use a stock coil again, be warned different tanks have different quirks so each have a learning curve.

I did dry burn it and it was glowing evenly, then dropped some liquid on it and cotton and burned again, maybe I'll try thin the cotton a little and the other suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom