What's new

RTA MTL with nic salts viable option?

Rebuilt it with a new coil which now reads 1.02ohms for some reason from 0.9 before and I think the cotton was burnt. Thinned out a little this time and now works very nicely but no flavour at all, rather confused as to why.

Some gurgling is good

you think? i would say it’s always bad.

Rebuilt it with a new coil which now reads 1.02ohms for some reason from 0.9 before and I think the cotton was burnt. Thinned out a little this time and now works very nicely but no flavour at all, rather confused as to why.

too much cotton through the coil can kill the flavour. could it maybe be that?

Might be worth upping the wattage a little - claptons have a lot of metal and can take a bit longer to heat up at low wattages?

i find the can taste funny and mute the flavour depending on what kind of metal they are made from too. it can take a wee while to break in. i would say it’s worth getting a roll of plain stainless wire to try out. it may be that the OP is like me and detects the manky tastes from these other kinds of wire that interfere with the vapour.

i find the can taste funny and mute the flavour depending on what kind of metal they are made from too. it can take a wee while to break in. i would say it’s worth getting a roll of plain stainless wire to try out. it may be that the OP is like me and detects the manky tastes from these other kinds of wire that interfere with the vapour.

Tried with less cotton and was a little better but I can see some taste coming through now, it's just the juice fairly light as well I think. Rebuilt with a flavour I know and it was there but weak, nothing like the voopoo.

I've seen people placing the coil very close to the intake and some leaving more space, I left about 2mm, how does it affect the vape?

Tried with less cotton and was a little better but I can see some taste coming through now, it's just the juice fairly light as well I think. Rebuilt with a flavour I know and it was there but weak, nothing like the voopoo.

I've seen people placing the coil very close to the intake and some leaving more space, I left about 2mm, how does it affect the vape?
Coil height can affect the flavour and the throat hit really and sometimes with RTAs it's about playing around with it and finding what works for you I'm afraid. Try changing the coil height and seeing if it works for you, also, what liquid are you using? What ratio? I find the Neeko needs a bit less cotton than some RTAs so I have it just tight in the coil so that it pulls gently back and forth, I use a 2.5 cotton lace and strip a touch off it and seems to work for me. It's trial and error with RTAs as apposed to stock coils which you just chick in and forget about.

it can have an affect, but only a wee one. i wouldn’t expect coil position to make the liquid seem flavourless. it has much more effect on harshness of the draw.

Coil height can affect the flavour and the throat hit really and sometimes with RTAs it's about playing around with it and finding what works for you I'm afraid. Try changing the coil height and seeing if it works for you, also, what liquid are you using? What ratio? I find the Neeko needs a bit less cotton than some RTAs so I have it just tight in the coil so that it pulls gently back and forth, I use a 2.5 cotton lace and strip a touch off it and seems to work for me. It's trial and error with RTAs as apposed to stock coils which you just chick in and forget about.

I did take some out from the second build onwards as it says it works from 2.5 to 3.5 and seems quite large, just enough so it goes back and forth with little coil movement. Tried a coupe of IVG 50/50 12mg as I only had salts in the pod one.

I get it that it takes practice but from the second try they looked like the reviews and it vapes very well, just no flavour. Just now it starts to come through after 450 hits in between building and trying out.

One thing is I always get different ohms readings so might be something in there i'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
I did take some out from the second build onwards as it says it works from 2.5 to 3.5 and seems quite large, just enough so it goes back and forth with little coil movement. Tried a coupe of IVG 50/50 12mg as I only had salts in the pod one.

I get it that it takes practice but from the second try they looked like the reviews and it vapes very well, just no flavour. Just now it starts to come through after 450 hits in between building and trying out.

Dude, it's all about the condition your condition is in (sorry, but your avatar will know). Guidance (the reviews and how it looks) is just that, a guide. It's your responsibility to work it out, for yourself.

Keep at it. Mess around with it. Waste loads of cotton and wire. Eventually you'll find the sweet spot that works for you. You really will get there. It's the same as anything else in life, you have to put the effort in.

One thing is I always get different ohms readings so might be something in there i'm doing wrong?
When you say different ohm readings how much difference are we talking? If it's not much you're all good, if it's big it's an issue.

Back
Top Bottom