What's new

Safety Infographic Query

vegantracie

Initiate
Hi!

Anyone know of any links to a safety/info infographic? I live in sheltered housing and vaping is banned in communal areas. However we're a close community and have a resident's chairperson and meetings so this issue is open for discussion. Initially I've compiled a simple survey re what the issues might be around; a) fears re second hand vaping b) causing residents to cough c) anything else.

I joined this page when I first began vaping years ago and have read lots of articles especially one that quoted the nicotine in vape smoke is 0.00000 something which I think is very pertinent. One of the issues is people with certain types of vapes producing great plumes of smoke whereas mine doesn't so it's more discreet but the old 'well they do it so why can't I?' has come up.

Given that a lot of the residents here don't know a lot about vaping due to the age group plus vaping being a rather complex issue re what you use, liquid etc I thought an infographic might be a great way of education in a simple format.

Does anyone know of such a thing? Could give me a link I could print out for our noticeboard etc? Any other ideas welcome. Thanks

Hi @vegantracie
Im no expert when it comes to rules and regs in shared accomodation but ill try my best to advise a bit. for safety links best wait for others who might know where to find them.

The only thing im guessing is you have smoke detectors in each room. these can be set off if larger vape clouds are blown straight into them but if they are set of by crafty cigs then maybe the smaller vape kits may trigger them as well.

The two main vaping kits are mouth to lung so thin small clouds like i guess you have or direct to lung with much larger clouds.

the press doesnt help our situation as there are always scare stories flying about and once its posted on the internet it stays there for life even though the majority of them are debunked as totally false/fake news but anyone not in the know believes what they read.

the usual are you can get popcorn lung. FALSE. the main culprit was diacetyl which is now banned in the uk. thing is cigs have thousands more % of diacetyl in each cig and not one person has died from popcorn through smoking so in vape its irrelavent. a few links in this post Popcorn Lung

There are now quite a few NHS hospitals which have vape shops in their shopping square. I dont think the nhs would allow this if there was any sort of a risk.
The norm is vaping is 95% safer.

Cancer UK posted years ago there is no evidence that ecigs harm bystanders. pic below.

There may be a few reports here worth looking at https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news

also a good few to read on cancer research uk https://find.cancerresearchuk.org/?q=vaping&size=n_20_n

research.JPG

Hi @vegantracie
Im no expert when it comes to rules and regs in shared accomodation but ill try my best to advise a bit. for safety links best wait for others who might know where to find them.

The only thing im guessing is you have smoke detectors in each room. these can be set off if larger vape clouds are blown straight into them but if they are set of by crafty cigs then maybe the smaller vape kits may trigger them as well.

The two main vaping kits are mouth to lung so thin small clouds like i guess you have or direct to lung with much larger clouds.

the press doesnt help our situation as there are always scare stories flying about and once its posted on the internet it stays there for life even though the majority of them are debunked as totally false/fake news but anyone not in the know believes what they read.

the usual are you can get popcorn lung. FALSE. the main culprit was diacetyl which is now banned in the uk. thing is cigs have thousands more % of diacetyl in each cig and not one person has died from popcorn through smoking so in vape its irrelavent. a few links in this post Popcorn Lung

There are now quite a few NHS hospitals which have vape shops in their shopping square. I dont think the nhs would allow this if there was any sort of a risk.
The norm is vaping is 95% safer.

Cancer UK posted years ago there is no evidence that ecigs harm bystanders. pic below.

There may be a few reports here worth looking at https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news

also a good few to read on cancer research uk https://find.cancerresearchuk.org/?q=vaping&size=n_20_n

View attachment 329014
Oh that's brilliant, thank you so much. No the issue has come up in resident's meetings so nothing to do with smoke detectors. I wasn't at the last meeting purely as it was billed as being about a previous resident that has been moved on that was violent and abusive.

Just a head up. Everything in this subsection has been migrated in to the petitions surveys, polls subsection as this subsection is being removed in the upcoming forum revamp. Therefore, I am moving this thread to petitions, surveys and polls. Like all the other threads in this section I will leave a redirect link, but once the revamp occurs and this section is removed, this thread and all the others will only be accessible from the other subforum.

Back
Top Bottom