What's new

Satisfying MTL juice combos?

Jay Vapez

Initiate
After on and off vaping use over the last 2 years, I'm trying to stay off the cigarettes for good....I've recently purchased a Smok G-Priv 2 kit which I absolutely adore and really enjoy vaping at around 70 watts, with a fruity 3mg nicotine 70 VG juice....However, I'm still a big fan of mouth to lung vaping and still crave that sharp 'throat hit' that long time smokers are used to. Therefore I've also purchased a Prism T20 S kit, that I usually use after meals and either before or after a cloud chasing session - but I'm yet to find a truly satisfying nicotine amount and VG/PG blend combo on my MTL device.....

I've got 2 sets of coils for the Prism S tank, which are 1.5 Ohm and 0.8 Ohm (which is designed for low end sub vaping, for beginners, but most reviews suggest it's better suited to a MTL inhale). Below are the combos I've tried on the device -

1.5 coil with 70 PG/30 VG liquid - 0mg nictone = pointless - the hit is soft, unsatisfying and lackluster

1.5 coil with 70 PG/30 VG liquid - 18mg nictone = moderately ok - needed super long inhales to get a decent throat hit and not comfortable with the nicotine level

0.8 coil with 50 PG/50 VG liquid - 12mg nicotine = pretty decent actually - a nice blend of cloud and decent throat hit - the best combo so far, but can become a slight bit sickly after prolonged use and just a smidgen away from what I'm looking for....

Anybody got any personal recommendations based on the above? I've already wasted a fair bit of money on liquids and coils, to experiment with, that I won't be using again, so looking to get it 'right' on my next purchase....Also, does anybody have the Prism T20 S tank or similar? If so, what are your thoughts and what liquid strengths are you using to satisfy your experience?

I use the aspire mini with the 1.2 coul at about 17 watts with 12mg juice.
Been off the cigs for 6 months.
Not being a fruit fan, when in London I purchased the Mirage SY4 tobacco juice.
Good throat hit and flavor is fantastic.
Sadly, I am not in the UK, some hefty postal rates in my future. I nurse it once a day as a treat.

I just switched to vaping 2 months ago with an Endura T22 kit and now use the Prism T18 tank on another mod.I started on 18mg and just stuck with it as it keeps me off the fags.
It sounds like you're happy with the 12mg nic level so you probably just need to find the right flavours.
Have you tried any menthols? I never liked menthol ciggies but I really like the throat hit from a fruit/menthol liquid. Not that I've tried loads of makes to compare but I'd recommend Vampire Vape Heisenberg.

Keep the 0.8/12mg combo.
Change the liquid.

As to which, your choice. But seeing as you describe the fruity as quickly getting sickly, why not look at more tobacco-y, nutty flavours. Or a light fruit/tobacco combination like Manabush Mojave Desert?

Heh..."quickly getting sickly"... I'm in the wrong job :D

Or try the 50/50 12 mg with a 1.5 coil?

..... and yes, try Manabush! ;)

Yep your hear is fine. The innokin is well rated for mtl with either coil (the 0.8 will just deliver a warmer vape). I'd second manabush but any good 50/50 liquid will hit the spot and if your dtl vaping 3mg, 12mg will be about right. Remember pg has a role in throat hit so high vg liquids will always be disappointing in that direction.

After on and off vaping use over the last 2 years, I'm trying to stay off the cigarettes for good....I've recently purchased a Smok G-Priv 2 kit which I absolutely adore and really enjoy vaping at around 70 watts, with a fruity 3mg nicotine 70 VG juice....However, I'm still a big fan of mouth to lung vaping and still crave that sharp 'throat hit' that long time smokers are used to. Therefore I've also purchased a Prism T20 S kit, that I usually use after meals and either before or after a cloud chasing session - but I'm yet to find a truly satisfying nicotine amount and VG/PG blend combo on my MTL device.....

I've got 2 sets of coils for the Prism S tank, which are 1.5 Ohm and 0.8 Ohm (which is designed for low end sub vaping, for beginners, but most reviews suggest it's better suited to a MTL inhale). Below are the combos I've tried on the device -

1.5 coil with 70 PG/30 VG liquid - 0mg nictone = pointless - the hit is soft, unsatisfying and lackluster

1.5 coil with 70 PG/30 VG liquid - 18mg nictone = moderately ok - needed super long inhales to get a decent throat hit and not comfortable with the nicotine level

0.8 coil with 50 PG/50 VG liquid - 12mg nicotine = pretty decent actually - a nice blend of cloud and decent throat hit - the best combo so far, but can become a slight bit sickly after prolonged use and just a smidgen away from what I'm looking for....

Anybody got any personal recommendations based on the above? I've already wasted a fair bit of money on liquids and coils, to experiment with, that I won't be using again, so looking to get it 'right' on my next purchase....Also, does anybody have the Prism T20 S tank or similar? If so, what are your thoughts and what liquid strengths are you using to satisfy your experience?

Hi,good news giving up the weed.I use the T20S tank on my alien,tried all the fruit flavours but came back to Havana/Cuban cigar juices at 12mg.I occasionally add a touch of menthol now & then.I tend to go about 13.5w on the 1.5ohm coil.
I can recommend Vapemate Classic Havana cigar,cheap as chips too.

Cheers for the responses guys - very helpful indeed! Looks as though an order for some of this 'Manabush' liquid will need to come into play!

Took a punt on these today from a local vape store near my office -

Definitely hit the spot, with a perfect mix of cloud/hit and I'd recommend the Raspberry doughnut one for those who are Partial to desert liquids!

Established that the 12mg 50/50 blend, with my 0.8 prism coil is the way to go and it was my 'key west lime cookie' juice (made in USA) that was giving me the sickly feeling!

Which MTL kits are you guys using? Any recommendations for the ultimate set up?

"Ultimate set up..."?

This is gonna be interesting....come on, you strawsuckers!

Back
Top Bottom