What's new

Screwdriver Help

Sprite71

Postman
This could quite easily have been put in the what pissed you off today thread ... but I need a bit of advice :D

So quite a while ago I bought a set of screwdrivers, I’ve only really used the flatheads and largest philips because I haven’t needed anything else up until recently. I don’t have a smaller philips screwdriver so have been struggling with the one included with the tank. This isn’t magnetic and the screw is so tiny I’m finding it difficult to keep hold of. So today I started looking for a magnet one and discovered the set I own should look like this

56BB6D2F-0785-4AE3-924C-4CADAF348FA0.jpeg

but it doesn’t, I received 2 of the same screwdriver

3B76DD34-9EF8-4909-B91D-6216B7147F71.jpeg

In my defence I have recently got myself some reading glasses and at the time assumed one was a small philips and the other a torx. The philips and torx sizing on the box meant nothing to me

847C3480-CA79-426D-B452-83F482EB12CE.jpeg

So I’m looking for a magnetic screwdriver the size of the little blue one next to the torx. Is this PH0 or can you get smaller?

I’m also trying to work out whether I’m better off buying a couple of individual screwdrivers or buy another set ... so what I really need to know is what screwdriver heads are commonly used and in what sizes?

There's no reason to go into specialized bellow 0 Phillips heads for any rda's.
Have a look on amazon at micro or watchmaker Phillips.screwdrivers. they start from around three quid a set.
Just be sure it's in country and quick delivery. Lost track of the times I've forgotten to check and had to wait for slowboat delivery.

yeah, I don't think you'll need anything smaller than 0 either, just to be clear.

Right ... firstly any screwdriver can be magnetized or demagnetized with one of these.

www.amazon.co.uk/Wera-05073403001-Magnetizer-demagnetizer-52/dp/B000XIZN9C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537269714&sr=8-3&keywords=screwdriver+magnetiser

well worth picking up.

and no PH0 isn't the smallest, you can get 00, 000 and probably even smaller for watch repairs and things like that.

I had no idea anything like that even existed, that will solve my problems :D

Thank you!!

Sizing on the Philips isn’t so clear as flatheads, it seems it’s the size of the point not overall width, so would never know what size it is looking at how I’ve pictured it

that set has a 1 and a 0 already right? that's all you need, just get them magnetized and you'll be good.

Providing they are made of real steel and not some chinese junk metal of course. ;)

So if my set had been correct, I’d probably be ok

It’s for the subtank mini rba deck ... never had to deal with a screw so small

I had no idea anything like that even existed, that will solve my problems :D

Thank you!!

Sizing on the Philips isn’t so clear as flatheads, it seems it’s the size of the point not overall width, so would never know what size it is looking at how I’ve pictured it
Just to confuse you a bit more, there's pozi-drive as well [emoji16]

that set has a 1 and a 0 already right? that's all you need, just get them magnetized and you'll be good.

Providing they are made of real steel and not some chinese junk metal of course. ;)

It should have had but there was 2 torx ... one of the philips was missing

AHH the screws on the subtank mini rba are incredibly tiny, I had to resort to my watchmakers precision set for those.

Back
Top Bottom