What's new

Single use disposables to be banned from June.

AFAIC, anyone who buys a disposable now either doesn't realise (or didn't have the option) you can get a reusable for similar price, or wanted one of the (quite a few options) of legal 6000+ disposables, or they're just lazy...

It's all the other restrictions of the return of the Tobacco & Vapes Bill that's really gonna hammer vaping, plus whatever extra tax they add.

Sadly now the flood gates will open and the crooks will be working overtime to flood the market with fakes and maybe dangerous dissys.

The weird thing which caught my eye is that, according to the news article, it will still be legal to import single use vapes which seems rather bonkers to me. A perfect recipe for a totally uncontrolled black market free-for-all.

Sadly now the flood gates will open and the crooks will be working overtime to flood the market with fakes and maybe dangerous dissys.

I'm not sure they will to be honest. The manufacturers have just shifted to rechargeable higher capacity ones already. I've had loads of them for review on the front page. Just means you can get the higher capacity ones that are already illegal legally now. Unless this legislation covers the 6000 puffs ones already? I'm not following it much so don't actually know.

This may be a grey area but not sure, as the larger ones are still classed as disposables (or advertised as such) which have over the 2ml max then wouldnt these also be included in the ban.

I'm honestly not sure DJ. They are rechargeable, so not single use anymore, and get around TPD regulations by having a tank that only takes 2ml at a time but surely the government can widen the scope of their bans to include the newer ones coming out. Or are they just paying lip service to what they think/know is a popular opinion?

Anything that is rechargeable must surely be capable of also taking some sort of replacement coil or pod. I don't think they have yet invented the coil that never needs replacing.

Anything that is rechargeable must surely be capable of also taking some sort of replacement coil or pod. I don't think they have yet invented the coil that never needs replacing.

The ones I'm talking about have 10ml juice in them max so they use the single coil then you throw it away so they're still disposables. They've usually got 650-1000mAh batteries in them so when the power runs out you can recharge them but when the juice runs out that's it, useless.

Back
Top Bottom