What's new

Size does matter

Mr Ripple

Legend
I know 3D printed mods dont have many fans but i wanted a compact 3x 18650 mod and this was the smallest i could find so i ordered it from Rebel Vape.
I've seen the issues with colour fading but they state this has been resolved so the order was placed.

The mod is listed as measuring 83mm tall which is what sold it to me but its also listed as taking a 30mm atty without any overhang which is a bonus.

Well it arived today but it doesn't measure what it states.
The mod is at least 90mm tall and won't accept anything larger than 26mm without overhang.
Ive emailed them to query the issues but I'm wondering if they've used the wrong housing but there isn't anything on their website that matches what I've recieved.

What do you guys think?

Includes

1 x Rebel Box Mod complete

Specification:

• Evolv DNA 250c
  • Accomodates up to 30mm no overhang
  • Variable Watts and Temperature control
  • Uses 3 x 18650 batteries (NOT INCLUDED)
  • Output Power 1W – 200W
  • Customisable User Profiles and interface
  • On the go 2A USB Charging
  • Escribe support with upgrade
  • Hi grade Plastic 3D Printed housing
  • Colour Screen
  • Dimensions: H83mm x D42mm x W25>41mm
Compatible
510 compatible

Download DNA 250c Manual and Spec sheet here:

For FAQ on DNA 250 boards please see HERE

20210130_112646.jpg

Bit of a weird one mate. Had a look at the site and there only seem to be two 3 battery DNAs. The other one is supposedly even shorter. Be interested in their response.

Bit of a weird one mate. Had a look at the site and there only seem to be two 3 battery DNAs. The other one is supposedly even shorter. Be interested in their response.
Yeah the other one is a yihi chipped one listed at 80mm i think.
Nearly picked up that one tbh but for the sake of 3mm they were both on sale at the same price.

Yeah the other one is a yihi chipped one listed at 80mm i think.
Nearly picked up that one tbh but for the sake of 3mm they were both on sale at the same price.
There has always seemed to be issues with these. Interested to see if it holds up without the battery door curling too.

It's a strange one for sure. Earlier in the description, it says it can take up to 28mm atties, then later it claims to be able to take 30mm without overhang? Best wait and see what they reply with but I wouldn't imagine it would take a very large atty with the 510 positioned where it is. I'd have thought it would need to be nearer the centre.
That said, even their smallest claim is 28mm and you've said it will only take a 26.
Hope they can sort it out for you mate
IMG_20210130_131444.jpeg

Oh it's been a long time ripple since I last dealt with one. I've a feeling they've adjusted the thickness of the prints (hence the larger size to prevent so many issue's).
I'm sure it's gonna be great for you. Keep us updated. I imagine it's gonna be easy to live with size and weight wise.

I've recieved a reply but not sure what to do so I've asked them if I'd be expected to pay the difference to swap it to the 2x21700 as that seems to be 80mm so I'll see what they say.
Heres their reply.

"Yes indeed im sorry the description is wrong, it doesn't take a 30mm and height is approx 88mm. The only thing i can offer you is the dual 21700 or the triple 21700, both are very short and take 30mm tanks
Or of course any other mod you choose if you dont wish to keep that one"

I've recieved a reply but not sure what to do so I've asked them if I'd be expected to pay the difference to swap it to the 2x21700 as that seems to be 80mm so I'll see what they say.
Heres their reply.

"Yes indeed im sorry the description is wrong, it doesn't take a 30mm and height is approx 88mm. The only thing i can offer you is the dual 21700 or the triple 21700, both are very short and take 30mm tanks
Or of course any other mod you choose if you dont wish to keep that one"

At least they bothered to reply and also offer an alternative. Seems reasonable if it's a straight swap.

Back
Top Bottom