What's new

Smok. Good or Bad ?

I only ever had the TFV4 and it was a heap of shit unless you use the expensive flavourless stock coils then it was meh.

Smok have exploited the market brilliantly they make ultra chavy cloud machines for Willy waving noobs. Its a bit like boy racer cars etc...

I agree with this, Smok have also created products that allow 'ultra chavy Willy waving noobs' to blow clouds in da hood without tearing themselves a new one with a mech and RDA from the market and ending up on the front page of The Daily Fail. So in that respect they have done the vaping community a favour.

Before Smok came along if you wanted clouds on a budget you bought a badly cloned mech/rda from dodgy dave a couple fake 25Rs from Ebay then paid a spotty teen in a tracksuit to install a 0.01 build and were sent on your way.

Do Smok produce good quality products....? No but they produce very cheap products that interfere with evolution and thats fine by me!

In mid 2014 I used the Smok Aro II with Naturevape coils, at the time I thought it was a perfectly good little set up. Vaping has evolved and Smok now exist in a parallel universe to me.

Tbf my alien has never skipped a beat been going for about 6 months so far as my out and about / work mod. The paints flaking but doesn't bother me as any painted mod would flake when im using it at work with dirty hands and grit etc. Tank wise I have a baby beast, it gets used every now and then but not very often.
Also have a fury-s mec and it does what its supposed to do. No issues there.

Well... (Sorry Venom, but I have to say something.. )

It appears the so called 'proper' vapers, who all swear my mechs and drippers HATE Smok.... Well BooHoo...

I hate Drippers and think Mechs are a stupid waste of time and a dangerous use of a Li-Ion battery, but you don't hear me constantly slagging them off.. Each to their own..

Lets try it... Shoe on the other foot, and all that..

Mechs are WAY over priced for what they are.. Gold plated switches don't cost that much.. !! I code and build electronic all the time, buying components for low and high power use, and no matter how you look at it, mech's are too expensive, aimed at a market who think they're better than the rest of us, so pay more to prove it.. Bit like a BMW badge..

Drippers are a pain in the butt, contant filling, carrying around bottles everywhere.. Whats wrong with an RDTA..???

If you don't like Smok, just say "NOT FOR ME" or give a genuine reason for your dislike.. Theres no need for the 'It's all shit' brigade that pops up everytime the name is mentioned...

I'm not starting an argument about how good or bad mech's n drippers are, just pointing out how I don't harp on about them not being to my liking..
Other than that rant obviously..

I'm not a chav or young lad, im a 44yr old female with a military background in electronics, and I love my Smok stuff..

My G-Priv was NOT cheap, and has been faultless for 7+months.. There is a little paint chipping on the bottom corner, but thats mainly due to my rings..

GX350 has also been faultless since I got it 3-4 months ago, and it wasn't cheap either.. The paint hasn't chipped.. It lasts ages on its 4 batteries..
Its no bigger than a Reuleaux rx300 and WAY better looking than their 4 batt mod, which is fecking awful in the hand.. Breeze block springs to mind.. !!..
The battery door isn't a perfect fit, and does have a little gap, it's not flush.... BUT that doesn't effect its operation what so ever

I recently got an iJoy RDTA Box, and its no better or worse.. If anything the fire button feels a bit cheap, my Smok's don't..

Tanks..I've got a V8 and 2x V12's.. I do think the V12 is a bit overated, but it works fine for the juice I wanna use in it..
The V8, if it doesn't leak, and mine doesn't, is a really good tank.. BUT.. It does appear to be hit n miss if it does leak... Mainly due to the top silicon seal not seating properly..

Both are built well with good threads, and a nice finish..

I do agree the RBA decks dont work that well, and I put that down to the shear size.. Further for the vape to travel from coil to mouth.. But the T10 and T12 coils are good.. VERY well made, if not a little expensive.. They last 10-14 days on my juice, so kinda pay for themselves..
Never had a problem...

I also have a 120 RBA which I cant fault for flavour, and would say is better than the 'V' RBA decks

My CoilArt Azeroth RBA leaks like a bitch, which I think is down to my wicking, but the threads are coarse.. Not as fine as Smok or Aspire

Hubby has a faultless Alien, with Pharoah RDA and loves it..

There... A fair honest description of the Smok products I own, not a golden review, nor a slagging off...

Luv
Chrisie... xx

5-Arghhh-296x160.gif

Well... (Sorry Venom, but I have to say something.. )

It appears the so called 'proper' vapers, who all swear my mechs and drippers HATE Smok.... Well BooHoo...

I hate Drippers and think Mechs are a stupid waste of time and a dangerous use of a Li-Ion battery, but you don't hear me constantly slagging them off.. Each to their own..

Lets try it... Shoe on the other foot, and all that..

Mechs are WAY over priced for what they are.. Gold plated switches don't cost that much.. !! I code and build electronic all the time, buying components for low and high power use, and no matter how you look at it, mech's are too expensive, aimed at a market who think they're better than the rest of us, so pay more to prove it.. Bit like a BMW badge..

Drippers are a pain in the butt, contant filling, carrying around bottles everywhere.. Whats wrong with an RDTA..???

If you don't like Smok, just say "NOT FOR ME" or give a genuine reason for your dislike.. Theres no need for the 'It's all shit' brigade that pops up everytime the name is mentioned...

I'm not starting an argument about how good or bad mech's n drippers are, just pointing out how I don't harp on about them not being to my liking..
Other than that rant obviously..

I'm not a chav or young lad, im a 44yr old female with a military background in electronics, and I love my Smok stuff..

My G-Priv was NOT cheap, and has been faultless for 7+months.. There is a little paint chipping on the bottom corner, but thats mainly due to my rings..

GX350 has also been faultless since I got it 3-4 months ago, and it wasn't cheap either.. The paint hasn't chipped.. It lasts ages on its 4 batteries..
Its no bigger than a Reuleaux rx300 and WAY better looking than their 4 batt mod, which is fecking awful in the hand.. Breeze block springs to mind.. !!..
The battery door isn't a perfect fit, and does have a little gap, it's not flush.... BUT that doesn't effect its operation what so ever

I recently got an iJoy RDTA Box, and its no better or worse.. If anything the fire button feels a bit cheap, my Smok's don't..

Tanks..I've got a V8 and 2x V12's.. I do think the V12 is a bit overated, but it works fine for the juice I wanna use in it..
The V8, if it doesn't leak, and mine doesn't, is a really good tank.. BUT.. It does appear to be hit n miss if it does leak... Mainly due to the top silicon seal not seating properly..

Both are built well with good threads, and a nice finish..

I do agree the RBA decks dont work that well, and I put that down to the shear size.. Further for the vape to travel from coil to mouth.. But the T10 and T12 coils are good.. VERY well made, if not a little expensive.. They last 10-14 days on my juice, so kinda pay for themselves..
Never had a problem...

I also have a 120 RBA which I cant fault for flavour, and would say is better than the 'V' RBA decks

My CoilArt Azeroth RBA leaks like a bitch, which I think is down to my wicking, but the threads are coarse.. Not as fine as Smok or Aspire

Hubby has a faultless Alien, with Pharoah RDA and loves it..

There... A fair honest description of the Smok products I own, not a golden review, nor a slagging off...

Luv
Chrisie... xx

...... And breathe :D

Err... NO... Bulbs and LED's do not pull the type of current that a vape coil does... Have you seen a bulb filament recently.. ??

They're no more than a single 36 gauge wound coil.. If you stretch it out, it's about a foot long.. !!
And LED's have a constant current driver... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom