What's new

Smok. Good or Bad ?

Damn it, I can't sit on the fence any longer. Some of you may have heard me in the recent past, singing the praises of all things SMOK.

In fact, If I ever see a SMOKBASHFEST post, I jump on it and offer a balanced opinion, usually along the lines of "I have a lot of SMOK kit, it all works well and looks nice, don't be put off by their cheapness, it's good kit" etc etc.

It really is quite obviously a transparent case of vaping snobbery that is going on here. A case of, the old guard not wanting to accept the mass commercialization of their precious hobby.

Well, get over yourselves. It's happened, It's no longer the secret domain of the knowledgable few, it's taking off to the point that anyone can get into vaping and I think that irks some of the hobbyists on here. SMOK are just the scapegoats.

I know that this post won't change the opinions of any of you SMOK bashers but hopefully some of the new vapers, lovingly cradling their new, brightly coloured SMOK products need not feel so belittled by the "Don't buy SMOK, it's shit brigade" and can enjoy their lovely new stuff.

Err... NO... Bulbs and LED's do not pull the type of current that a vape coil does... Have you seen a bulb filament recently.. ??

They're no more than a single 36 gauge wound coil.. If you stretch it out, it's about a foot long.. !!
And LED's have a constant current driver... :)

They may not pull that type of current but building within the amp limit of the batteries isnt going to be stressing the battery either, user naivety/error makes them dangerous which is no fault of the mods

Damn it, I can't sit on the fence any longer. Some of you may have heard me in the recent past, singing the praises of all things SMOK.

In fact, If I ever see a SMOKBASHFEST post, I jump on it and offer a balanced opinion, usually along the lines of "I have a lot of SMOK kit, it all works well and looks nice, don't be put off by their cheapness, it's good kit" etc etc.

It really is quite obviously a transparent case of vaping snobbery that is going on here. A case of, the old guard not wanting to accept the mass commercialization of their precious hobby.

Well, get over yourselves. It's happened, It's no longer the secret domain of the knowledgable few, it's taking off to the point that anyone can get into vaping and I think that irks some of the hobbyists on here. SMOK are just the scapegoats.

I know that this post won't change the opinions of any of you SMOK bashers but hopefully some of the new vapers, lovingly cradling their new, brightly coloured SMOK products need not feel so belittled by the "Don't buy SMOK, it's shit brigade" and can enjoy their lovely new stuff.

I think you're way off the mark as to why some people don't rate SMOK very highly.

I think you're way off the mark as to why some people don't rate SMOK very highly.

Well I am simply not prepared to listen to the "Poor quality control and poor quality" argument anymore. It's simply not true. What else does that leave?

Well I am simply not prepared to listen to the "Poor quality control and poor quality" argument anymore. It's simply not true. What else does that leave?
You were ranting and raving above about vaping snobbery, the "old guard" not wanting vaping to be readily available to the masses as if it were some secret domain for the vaping elite that they want to protect ... which is frankly nonsense. Vapers want to see the spread of vaping to all smokers. They want there to be cheap and cheerful vaping gear available to that end. Heck, they want to have cheap and cheerful gear available for themselves in most cases, but they want it to be fit for purpose and reliable.
Vapers take vape products at face value. If they don't like a product they'll say so, and have every right to do so. Just as you have the right to say you like SMOK products. More power to you just chill out and allow others to share their views also.

I think SMOK is ok- not an amazing company, not bad either. I do read of a lot of failures, but they are popular mods, and you are likely to hear of people complaining online more than praising something.

My first mod from them was the Xcube 2, which I really bought as I wanted a higher power box mod at the time, and 160W seemed amazing then to a fairly new vaper. It isn't all about power though, and they do seem to be a pioneer of the wattage wars.

For straight up VW use, I find all of them to be fine. TC is not good on the Xcube 2, you can feel as it goes hot and cold. The H-Priv is similar but a bit better, and I find the Alien to work well for TC.
I haven't had any of the paint issues with mine, it is a later revision though so I am unsure if they fixed this as I remember a few friends aliens after a couple of weeks looking awful.

Their tanks aren't really my taste. I prefer RTA's or good RBA's, the baby beast is not too bad with the RBA though.

vape snobbery yer right lmfao, ive recently purchased 3 mods for around 40 quid each, 2 smoant charons & a voopoo drag, know nobody owning a mod with the words poo on it is hardly a snob..

my issues with smok are the alien peeled like a bad dose of sun burnt skin, the H-priv chewed batterys all time thanks to a crap door & TVF8 that leaked more than some old age pensioner, thats why in my opinion they are & always will be utter shite !

Whatever you think of Smok, they must have done something right to have become a leading manufacturer within vaping. Of course, shifting the volume of products they do does come with potential for more DOA and slightly faulty products. Just like others have stated, we are quick to rage when a product fails but never hear the many happy tales.
:)

Whatever you think of Smok, they must have done something right to have become a leading manufacturer within vaping. Of course, shifting the volume of products they do does come with potential for more DOA and slightly faulty products. Just like others have stated, we are quick to rage when a product fails but never hear the many happy tales.
:)

They appeal to "new" vapes who want clouds bro clouds and shops selling them to people as starter kits doesnt help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom