What's new

Smok V9 tank...leaking issues

Ats

Initiate
Afternoon all

As above really, bought this alongside the Rigel mod, and it just would'nt stop leaking despite changing all the O rings and gaskets.
Got fed up, bought a new V9 tank, which worked fine for a while, then the same problem occurred again!
Got fed up, bought a Geekvape Zeus, no leaks, great flavour and I am a happy bunny!
Just wanted to know if anyone else had issues with the V9, and if so, how did they solve them?
Seems a shame to have two relatively new tanks that I can't use, even for a backup?
I know Smok products are known for leaking issues, and I've had a few over the years, and have always managed to solve the issue, but this time round, nothing worked!

Afternoon all

As above really, bought this alongside the Rigel mod, and it just would'nt stop leaking despite changing all the O rings and gaskets.
Got fed up, bought a new V9 tank, which worked fine for a while, then the same problem occurred again!
Got fed up, bought a Geekvape Zeus, no leaks, great flavour and I am a happy bunny!
Just wanted to know if anyone else had issues with the V9, and if so, how did they solve them?
Seems a shame to have two relatively new tanks that I can't use, even for a backup?
I know Smok products are known for leaking issues, and I've had a few over the years, and have always managed to solve the issue, but this time round, nothing worked!

I've owned a couple of Smok tanks (TFV8 and a couple of TFV derivatives I can't really remember the exact name of - but they all used Baby Beast style coils).. From my recollection they didn't leak with the coils that were packaged with the kit, but the replacements I bought were very hit and miss. I don't know if this is still the case but there were A LOT of counterfeit Smok coils around and some could piss juice or burn out quickly. I found if I bought from a local shop at a full price I didn't have problems, but buying from places like eBay, discount sites or China was a recipe for disaster,

I've owned a couple of Smok tanks (TFV8 and a couple of TFV derivatives I can't really remember the exact name of - but they all used Baby Beast style coils).. From my recollection they didn't leak with the coils that were packaged with the kit, but the replacements I bought were very hit and miss. I don't know if this is still the case but there were A LOT of counterfeit Smok coils around and some could piss juice or burn out quickly. I found if I bought from a local shop at a full price I didn't have problems, but buying from places like eBay, discount sites or China was a recipe for disaster,
Hi, and thanks for the reply.
Completely agree with you on the coils, but I always use proper coils from a decent retailer.
I also thought I had a bad batch initially, but 3 packs later, same issues.
Having looked online, lots of people had issues with leaky Smok products, so I opted for Geekvape…best tank I’ve had, so far so good!

Hi, and thanks for the reply.
Completely agree with you on the coils, but I always use proper coils from a decent retailer.
I also thought I had a bad batch initially, but 3 packs later, same issues.
Having looked online, lots of people had issues with leaky Smok products, so I opted for Geekvape…best tank I’ve had, so far so good!

You probably made the best decision by shelving the Smok tanks. A Smok kit was the first proper vape set up I bought - I thought it was great and I bought 3 more Smok tanks within a few days so I could vape different flavours. It wasn't until my mod died and I bought a Voopoo Drag kit that I realised how poor the Smok tanks were in comparison. I've also had kits from Geekvape, Vaporesso and even iJoy and found the tanks and coils were better than the Smok stuff.

I still have 3 of the Smok tanks and a few packs of coils that I didn't get round to using for emergencies, but I hope I don't get that desperate

Smok tank’s and coils are utter crap. I have 2 and they both leak especially with stock coils. The RBA is the beat bet for them. But I’ve wicked them this way, that way, every f**kin way and they still f**kin leak. Not as bad but they do, sometimes you can be lucky and it doesn’t leak but not very often . It’s the TFV18 and TFV12 Big Beast I have. But I’ve just got the Freemax M Pro 2 and the Kizoku Unlimit and there brilliant. So Smok is getting tossed out. Just waiting for a RBA to come for the Freemax and that’s me sorted.

Last edited:
I called in a vape shop yesterday and was discussing SMOK tanks leaking and the guy said it's because your not turning it up enough. If not enough wattage gets to the coils, they flood and leak. Don't know much about how they work so could have been sales pitch to get me to buy another lol

I called in a vape shop yesterday and was discussing SMOK tanks leaking and the guy said it's because your not turning it up enough. If not enough wattage gets to the coils, they flood and leak. Don't know much about how they work so could have been sales pitch to get me to buy another lol

I don’t buy that..
I’ve tried everything, and the general consensus seems to be that Smok are known for leaking tank issues…
I would suggest trying Geekvape, or any other tank that has a top airflow ring.
Just get the right coil, from my experience, rlicer in flavour, the 0.15 ohm.
Great flavour and clouds…the 0.4 and the 0.2 coils just didn’t deliver on flavour (for me).

Back
Top Bottom