What's new

Sony VTC5's

I just got a pair of vtc5's delivered from myepack yesterday,they still have them 7.99 each

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I just got a pair of vtc5's delivered from myepack yesterday,they still have them 7.99 each

They had some VTC5's in stock earlier in the week but now next to availability its says out of stock. Only VTC4's are currently in stock. Thanks anyway.

Chris_vapehead
Try torchy he usually has sony's and Panasonic's,if not there are respectable vendors on eBay or amazon but they are a bit pricey,hope this helps.:-)

Last edited:
Haha that link you posted, the price is £160.... supply and demand huh :)

If that is the ecolux shop link on eBay he generally puts the price high while he is away/unable to fill orders so that people don't order. The price will come back down when he is back.

I took a look over ebay and every vendor who had VTC5's were charging 30-50-150 quid for a pair of VCT5s.... makes me wonder.

I'd go for either samsung inr18650 25r or 20r cells. I've got vtc4's, lgdb218650 he2's, samsung inr18650 15m and inr18650 20r cells here (25r's were not uk available last time I bought cells and twenty imr 18650 cells is enough for now).

My 20r's last longer at .16ohm than both the vct4 and the lgdb218650 cells.

All are well capable of that sort of current draw but tge samsungs sag less under load. I do know that hodge40 recently grabbed some 25r's and he feels they are better than his vct5 cells.

I will say this, I've been struggling to get much more than 30amps out of any round cell in actual use. They all sag so heavily under load that you get nowhere near what you expect, like 80watts out of a potential 190watt build.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that 80ish watts is the absolute limit for a single round cell in a mech, of you want more, you need to start gaining a little more understanding of ohms law, differing cell tech and how they apply to devices and builds.

I've actually started to raise my resistance a touch simply because your getting similat performance once cell sag is taken into account.

Back
Top Bottom