What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

You really need one or two of the Drip Tips by Big for the RDTA ... they really help with reducing the condensation build up.
grey and black BIG tips for RDTA.jpg

OK confession time. I have had all these Aromamizers for so long now and it occurred to me that I have never put a horizontal build in one of them! From the get go I always went with a vert build for best airflow.

So I had a little bit spare time this morning and put a horizontal build in one of them...dual Clapton's 2.5mm 6 wraps coming out at about .4ohms.

First thing I noticed was horizontal coils are a squeeze on this deck and anymore than 2.5mm is gonna be a nightmare, especially Clapton's...I managed to twist a coil in the deck when I put the tank back together to see if anything was touching, so had to reset one of the coils...but no biggy!

Once set up, straight away you can tell the airflow is dramatically reduced over verts but that's not necessarily a bad thing, two of the four air holes pointing straight at the coils and make sure that there is no wick under the coils to interfere with the airflow and its a goodun'. The flavour is there and I'm a happy bunny!!

Overall...not bad I would say! I think I still prefer verts but the wick is breaking in and time will tell. Next time I think I will give SS a go!

The best way I've found to fit 3mm ID claptons horizontally is to utilise some of that space between the posts. ;)
Your nightmare is over @beastobadness :D

supreme clapton build.jpg

Was confused about the notching on your deck until I saw the airflow ring...
Yes, the Supreme prototype, but the deck is the same size for illustrative purposes ;)

Here's a bird's eye view so you can see the position of the coils

RDTA 3mm horizontals.jpg

Last edited:
does the entire tank above to juice-hole ring rotate like the griffin? That really got on my nerves once juice had lubed it up.

What a cracking tank this is I've been meaning to pick one up since you first mentioned it @scrumpox ...had you only said it shites over pretty much everything else out there I would have got one sooner but I've picked up a couple of them at a score each from the Classies which is a steal. It was a winner with a basic kanthal coil and I've been running a couple home made claptons for the last week and it is really tempting me with the holy grail phrase of vaping nirvana!!
What watts are you running your 3mm claptons at or are you on the TC mode?

Back
Top Bottom