What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

Anyone looked at the V2? I occasionally get dry hits with certain juice and I used to slightly unscrew the coils but the cuboid complains - any know if the V2 will improve that - just looked at the spec but no comparison so cannot see what's different.

Anyone looked at the V2? I occasionally get dry hits with certain juice and I used to slightly unscrew the coils but the cuboid complains - any know if the V2 will improve that - just looked at the spec but no comparison so cannot see what's different.
Dry hits will be down to your wicking ... it's a flawless juice flow and wicking system evenwith 100VG. What is the juice by the way?
The v2 changes are the metal AFC and a flat top with a delrin drip tip without spitback protection. Everything is modular with the v1, so you can upgrade parts only as you want.
If you unscrew the deck from the base, to try to improve juice flow, you'll probably get a connection problem with the 510 pin. You could extend the pin slightly to compensate but you might be better off drilling the juice holes in the deck to 2.5mm. Take care not to wreck the threads though. ;)

I am thinking of trying a vertical build but still new to building - the coils I do at the moment are all the same and not very adventurous a friend told me what to buy and what to do and thats all I have done.

I am sure it's my wicking but not sure what I am doing wrong - never sure if there should be more cotton in the well or less - too little and it leaks, too much and dry hits! Using Bacon Bits cotton which I find very easy to work with.

Got a link for those custom driptips?
http://driptipsbybig.co.uk/
Don't think they've listed them specifically yet. But they're £13 including postage.
Order a custom through Colin or Fiona, tell them you want the RDTA tip and specify the acrylic. Some of the acrylics are too soft for this design so you might find they'll recommend another.

I am thinking of trying a vertical build but still new to building - the coils I do at the moment are all the same and not very adventurous a friend told me what to buy and what to do and thats all I have done.

I am sure it's my wicking but not sure what I am doing wrong - never sure if there should be more cotton in the well or less - too little and it leaks, too much and dry hits! Using Bacon Bits cotton which I find very easy to work with.
OK, so the best technique is to think fluffy clouds of fibres covering the deck, use plenty but don't stuff the deck so the juice holes are blocked. I don't find the RDTA fussy but as you say, using too little can lead to leaking. I don't think you can use too much wick, but you can pack it down too tightly. This is the Supreme deck but the principle is the same.
Trim the wicks and fluff out the tails.
Fold the tails onto the deck, just let them rest and leave space for air under the coils.
Juice up. See how the tails meet in the middle? they are relaxed, not packed in, all juice holes covered.
DSCN1272.JPG
DSCN1275.JPG
DSCN1291.JPG

Thanks Scrumpox I'll give it another go - I sometimes get it right, so it's just practice but good to see how it should be done.

Also I just bought the bits to turn mine into a V2 - new top and new bottom - hope it all fits, the fittings look different so we will see. I dont like the rubber ring and as I like all 4 holes I often don't have it at all - but then cannot lock off the juice for travel. Like that on the supreme but think another atty is a bit too much - I also have the bellus which I don't really like as the draw is too tight and an old Triton Aspire that has not seen the light of day since I got the Aromamizer.

Also I just bought the bits to turn mine into a V2 - new top and new bottom - hope it all fits, the fittings look different so we will see. I dont like the rubber ring and as I like all 4 holes I often don't have it at all - but then cannot lock off the juice for travel. Like that on the supreme but think another atty is a bit too much - I also have the bellus which I don't really like as the draw is too tight and an old Triton Aspire that has not seen the light of day since I got the Aromamizer.
You're fairly new to rebuilding ... be patient, wicking is just one of the skills you have to learn and all it takes is practice and observation... correct any faults until you've got it down.

Don't blame the atomiser if the problem is your wicking. Too many vapers, including many apes, do not persist with their own technique, they blame the atty for a fault that doesn't exist and move on to the next atty. A sure way to waste a lot of money through frustration and a lack of honesty with yourself.

Next time you rewick it, try this. Screw your deck and base onto your mod and juice up the wicks until they're saturated. Fire the coils for 3-4 seconds with a few seconds in between ... to replicate your normal chain vaping style, basically. Keep firing. Watch your wicking ... is it working, are the coils staying wet as welll as the tails? You can detect a dry hit from the smell. If you have saturated tails but dry coils then your coils are choked. When the tails begin to dry, add juice to the well ... not the wicks or deck ... to the well and watch the wicks taking up the juice. If the well is full but your tails do not become saturated then you have blocked the juice flow by compressing the wick tails. Unscrew the deck and push a pin/unfolded paperclip/screwdriver up the juice holes to loosen some cotton away from the bunged up juice holes. Screw the deck back on and start again.

Once you can see your wicking working effectively you will have more confidence that it'll all work when you put the tank together. If you get dry hits after properly sorting out the wicking, then look for airflow and power issues. Too much heat in the coils and/or too little airflow to cool the coils will be the problem. You might have a hotspot on one of the coils.

You're fairly new to rebuilding ... be patient, wicking is just one of the skills you have to learn and all it takes is practice and observation... correct any faults until you've got it down.

Don't blame the atomiser if the problem is your wicking. Too many vapers, including many apes, do not persist with their own technique, they blame the atty for a fault that doesn't exist and move on to the next atty. A sure way to waste a lot of money through frustration and a lack of honesty with yourself.

Next time you rewick it, try this. Screw your deck and base onto your mod and juice up the wicks until they're saturated. Fire the coils for 3-4 seconds with a few seconds in between ... to replicate your normal chain vaping style, basically. Keep firing. Watch your wicking ... is it working, are the coils staying wet as welll as the tails? You can detect a dry hit from the smell. If you have saturated tails but dry coils then your coils are choked. When the tails begin to dry, add juice to the well ... not the wicks or deck ... to the well and watch the wicks taking up the juice. If the well is full but your tails do not become saturated then you have blocked the juice flow by compressing the wick tails. Unscrew the deck and push a pin/unfolded paperclip/screwdriver up the juice holes to loosen some cotton away from the bunged up juice holes. Screw the deck back on and start again.

Once you can see your wicking working effectively you will have more confidence that it'll all work when you put the tank together. If you get dry hits after properly sorting out the wicking, then look for airflow and power issues. Too much heat in the coils and/or too little airflow to cool the coils will be the problem. You might have a hotspot on one of the coils.

I always blame me rather than the aromamizer - I love it when it's right and when it's not it's down to me. Gone for the upgrade bits as I fly and travel a lot and the rubber ring moves and I get a leak - hoping the new design will be better, but also interested in the supreme as it has a juice lock (whatever that is) - I have learnt to wrap them in paper towels and put in a bag, but when I land and rebuild it, there is often no juice left and the look I get on the plane when filling up is even better than I used to get when rolling a new ciggy!!

That's the change in air pressure inside the cabin @simeonherbert ... just about every atty will leak in that situation. Yes, the Supreme has juice control and shut off, so what's in the tank will stay in the tank. I wouldn't open up the juice until the plane's door are open. Best to vape out whatever's in the well too before flying.

Back
Top Bottom