What's new

Steamcrave Meson RTA dry hitting

Andy S

Postman
Using this tank for the first time today and I'm on my fourth build attempt with very disappointing results. I'm using a 2.5mm i.d. coil with a fairly loose fitting wick, and wick ends slightly tapered to fit through the ports, but it's taking ages to juice up. VG-PG is about 60:40 in a DIY recipe that I've used successfully with similar builds on other RTAs. I've tried adjusting the wick length so that it is A) flush with the bottom of the ports, B) protruding a mm or two below the port, and C) hanging to the floor of the well, all with the same result. I'm priming the wick above and below the deck but in all cases it goes dry after two or three hits. Coil is a 2*32/28 fused Clapton 0.7Ω firing for three seconds at 18-20W and I've tried it with the air intake at various widths between 50% and 100%. The wick slides smoothly through the coil and If I taper the ends any further the deck will flood so I'm at a loss to know why it's running dry so quickly. Also, when it does eventually juice up, the flavour is virtually non-existent. I've tested the airflow by blowing through and it's fine. It's behaving as if the wick is too tight, but it can't be... I've whittled it down as much as I can without risking gaps.
I bought it mainly for the 6ml capacity, but I've heard and read a lot of good things about this tank's performance, so I assume I'm doing something wrong... I just can't figure out what.

Any ideas?

Not seen a Meson but all the stream crave decks I've done you dont want cotton going through or inside the little whole/slot at the bottom.
I preffer the wick on the tighter side through coils. Loose wick can cause hot hits especially towards the end of the drag.

Back
Top Bottom