What's new

Temperature offset - Ni200 and NiFe30

Great stuff, I am going to try this - funnily enough I thought of doing a build exactly like that the other day, but hadn't got round to trying it.
I take it you are lining up the airholes in your usual X way? How does it fare with the 2-hole band? The 4-hole is a bit too airy for me.

As always, very interesting to see and hear about your experiments - keep it coming.
Yes, 4 airholes lined up X fashion. I don't use the AFC band, though I would use the 2 hole for horizontal builds on occasion.
This configuration gets the coils nice and high, makes it more and more like a dripper that way. The other key thing is to remove the baffle from the delrin drip tip, easily done with snips. That baffle is definitley both reducing flavour and producing condensation build up inside the chimney and chamber.
TC wise I'm concentrating on Niffy. We can tune the coils as we're used to and do dry burns, it's easy to work with, it produces resistances which are not stupidly low. I still have some Stealthvape Titanium that I might revisit in future but I've offloaded all the Ni200.

Yes, 4 airholes lined up X fashion. I don't use the AFC band, though I would use the 2 hole for horizontal builds on occasion.
This configuration gets the coils nice and high, makes it more and more like a dripper that way. The other key thing is to remove the baffle from the delrin drip tip, easily done with snips. That baffle is definitley both reducing flavour and producing condensation build up inside the chimney and chamber.
TC wise I'm concentrating on Niffy. We can tune the coils as we're used to and do dry burns, it's easy to work with, it produces resistances which are not stupidly low. I still have some Stealthvape Titanium that I might revisit in future but I've offloaded all the Ni200.
Thanks for the info @scrumpox I had a blast from a glance earlier and now have the thread to play around from. My quick throw together worked sm great so I'm interested to see where can go with this build[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

So attempt number 2, I used 28 gauge NiFe30 on this attempt and copied to the best that I can. It's came out at 0.41, looking at my pics am I about right at this. After finishing the build only thing I can see is maybe to use bottom post holes. Any criticism welcome. Once cooled and settled I'll give it a go.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1449704335.237870.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1449704361.472313.jpg

Does this count as a dual coil in the temp settings on the device, I thought (by looking at it) it's still a single coil?

Is that a gap in the middle or something you've done with the wire underneath? Got Niffy here but never really got it right in the Aromamizer.

Yeah it's a single coil just with a gap in the middle. It works great thanks to @scrumpox for the build idea. Best setup I've had in rdta. I'd guess it would just come under single coil In settings[emoji1]

That's about right for 14 wraps of, I'm guessing 3mm ID?
Yes, definitely attach the legs to the lower post holes. This helps to get some curvature going on, making this neither horizontal nor vertical but a bit of both! :)) you want to try to get the centre up at the top of the posts, for a nice warm, dripper-like vape.

I make this coil by wrapping one coil and then pulling the wire along a bit before winding the second set of wraps ... rather than just opening the gpa up at the middle wrap.
Also I make my wraps quite close, almost a microcoil, and then open the gaps evenly with a very small precision screwdriver, to get the spacing as even as possible. Niffy is great to work with when making spacing adjustments, just need a bit of patience.
My aim is not to make the coil too long, so thewicks aren't touching the chamber walls and sucking up condensate. You might be less bothered about this with your juice, but my juice discolours badly.

I notice that your coils are still shiny silver ... normally they go black when you pulse and tune them ... did you skip that?

Yeah it's a single coil just with a gap in the middle. It works great thanks to @scrumpox for the build idea. Best setup I've had in rdta. I'd guess it would just come under single coil In settings[emoji1]
I just copied the build from the RDTA's designer, BJ ... though he was using kanthal. I made the same build using Clapton wire which I discussed with @Mr Numpty ... he was the one who thought it would be a good build for TC. Credit to him really.
My build above was 2 x 7 wraps, 2.4mm ID, 0.4mm (26g) Niffy, 0.223ohms. It's on its third set of wicks, dry burned twice to remove a bit of gunk. Still going well.

Yeah I not pulsed at all, I'm really impressed with how it's performing and I'll take on board all your help, I did make a gap when doing the coil so that's all good. How do you find best to pulse, I've always just build and go, to pulse do you put in power mode at low watts. Thanks

@MrNumpty has been a pleasure to be associated with, made my tc vaping good from the off. Now I just wanna improve where I can, knowledge is power lol

Back
Top Bottom