What's new

Review TEN juices from Myvapery (Ascend Vapour)

Vaped Crusader

Achiever
These are my own opinions and not those of, or influenced by the vendor.

OK, here goes…...

I found myself over at www.myvapery.com where they are offering a sample pack of ten different juices in 5ml for £6 delivered. You even get to choose which ten. If only more vendors did the same. The only issue is that these are only available in 50/50 at 12mg, but at that price I figured i'd at least get a taster of what's good and what isn't, so I pulled the trigger.

I'm going to ignore the throat hit as at 12mg it's gonna be a bit harsh for me and to be expected, and concentrate on the flavours. All were put through a dripper at 0.5ohms.

Here's what I got

Double Mint - I couldn't actually find this one on their site for a description but hey, Mint is Mint, right? Right. And that's pretty much what I got here, although I had the dripper set to 50w which resulted in me having the mother of all coughing fits, I swear at one point my bollocks flew out of my mouth and back again as if attached to a piece of elastic. I even brought up a lung oyster. My bad. Once dialled down it wasn't bad, it was just, well, minty I suppose.

Man Cakes is Maple and Banana Pancakes……The 'nana is OK in this with the Maple coming through and complimenting it nicely. It would have been easy for this to have been to sweet, but it wasn't, it was just right on that score. This was decent enough.

Nana Chews is named after the famous foam sweets and I quite liked it as it actually tasted like the sweets.

Baklava is named after the famous dessert. this is one of the two that proper aroused my curiousity as I love Baklava. Sadly this ain't Baklava. There's hints of the right sort of flavours, but there's some sort of floral or scented aftertaste, almost like a Rose Water type gig going on in there which I didn't like.

Pastel Da Nutter is a famous Portugese national custard pastry and another which piqued my interest. Now we're talking. this is nice. Creamy, rich with a nice depth of flavour which I found very moreish. You can get this in 70vg/30PG and if only they did this in 3mg i'd be piling in.

Creme Brulee is another from their line of desserts. The burnt Caramel is very well done with an underlying creaminess. I'd say this is one of the better Creme Brulee juices i've tried if not the very best. Very well done. They don't appear to do this in 70/30 or 3mg which is a real shame.

Red's Dead is a Cinnamon Bubblegum. This isn't too bad. Both flavours are the equally with the sweetness and spice compilmenting each other to give a surprisingly decent vape. Not one i'd rush to buy but still, nice enough.

Jake Daniels is exactly what you'd think. With Coke. The overriding flavour here is the Cola with the JD coming through on the exhale. Meh.

Del Fuego is 'An explosion of Nougat and Nuts'…….I've never tried a Nougat flavoured juice before and this is nice. The Nougat is the prominent flavour with a nice nutty twist throughout. Rich and sweet, but not overly sweet, this is a nice juice.

Root is a nutty tobacco with blends of coffee and cocoa. I don't usually do Tobacco vapes but I thought i'd give this a go as its been a very long time since i've tried one. This isn't that bad actually, the coffee is prominent and although I can't say I got the cocoa or the tobacco that much, the pair combined with the coffee making this an OK vape but in all honesty, not one i'd buy again.

So there you have it. Some juices they do in 70VG/30PG some not, it seems there's no 3mg option at all which is a shame because there's a few really decent juices in there, but they do offer an extensive range of flavours and some decent special offers on bigger bottles. There's also a discount code here on POTV in the vendors section giving 20% off all hardware with HW20 and 10% off the Signature Range with POTV10

So if 0, 6, 12, 18 or 24mg is your bag at 50/50, this vendor is well worth a visit. But why oh why no 3mg?

OK i'm off now because the 12mg sweats have hit me :D

tarra chucks.

Might have to try some of these, creme brulee sounds good :)
your reviews are usually bang on so can you do me a favour and give me your top rated flavours in the dessert/fruit area (it'll save me trying loads of new juices!) for my next order. I'm only looking at UK juice, not too bothered about spending loads on US stuff
my go to vapes are currently Calicustard and Squid Ink.

Cheers!

Luke

These are my own opinions and not those of, or influenced by the vendor.

OK, here goes…...

I found myself over at www.myvapery.com where they are offering a sample pack of ten different juices in 5ml for £6 delivered. You even get to choose which ten. If only more vendors did the same. The only issue is that these are only available in 50/50 at 12mg, but at that price I figured i'd at least get a taster of what's good and what isn't, so I pulled the trigger.

I'm going to ignore the throat hit as at 12mg it's gonna be a bit harsh for me and to be expected, and concentrate on the flavours. All were put through a dripper at 0.5ohms.

Here's what I got

Double Mint - I couldn't actually find this one on their site for a description but hey, Mint is Mint, right? Right. And that's pretty much what I got here, although I had the dripper set to 50w which resulted in me having the mother of all coughing fits, I swear at one point my bollocks flew out of my mouth and back again as if attached to a piece of elastic. I even brought up a lung oyster. My bad. Once dialled down it wasn't bad, it was just, well, minty I suppose.

Man Cakes is Maple and Banana Pancakes……The 'nana is OK in this with the Maple coming through and complimenting it nicely. It would have been easy for this to have been to sweet, but it wasn't, it was just right on that score. This was decent enough.

Nana Chews is named after the famous foam sweets and I quite liked it as it actually tasted like the sweets.

Baklava is named after the famous dessert. this is one of the two that proper aroused my curiousity as I love Baklava. Sadly this ain't Baklava. There's hints of the right sort of flavours, but there's some sort of floral or scented aftertaste, almost like a Rose Water type gig going on in there which I didn't like.

Pastel Da Nutter is a famous Portugese national custard pastry and another which piqued my interest. Now we're talking. this is nice. Creamy, rich with a nice depth of flavour which I found very moreish. You can get this in 70vg/30PG and if only they did this in 3mg i'd be piling in.

Creme Brulee is another from their line of desserts. The burnt Caramel is very well done with an underlying creaminess. I'd say this is one of the better Creme Brulee juices i've tried if not the very best. Very well done. They don't appear to do this in 70/30 or 3mg which is a real shame.

Red's Dead is a Cinnamon Bubblegum. This isn't too bad. Both flavours are the equally with the sweetness and spice compilmenting each other to give a surprisingly decent vape. Not one i'd rush to buy but still, nice enough.

Jake Daniels is exactly what you'd think. With Coke. The overriding flavour here is the Cola with the JD coming through on the exhale. Meh.

Del Fuego is 'An explosion of Nougat and Nuts'…….I've never tried a Nougat flavoured juice before and this is nice. The Nougat is the prominent flavour with a nice nutty twist throughout. Rich and sweet, but not overly sweet, this is a nice juice.

Root is a nutty tobacco with blends of coffee and cocoa. I don't usually do Tobacco vapes but I thought i'd give this a go as its been a very long time since i've tried one. This isn't that bad actually, the coffee is prominent and although I can't say I got the cocoa or the tobacco that much, the pair combined with the coffee making this an OK vape but in all honesty, not one i'd buy again.

So there you have it. Some juices they do in 70VG/30PG some not, it seems there's no 3mg option at all which is a shame because there's a few really decent juices in there, but they do offer an extensive range of flavours and some decent special offers on bigger bottles. There's also a discount code here on POTV in the vendors section giving 20% off all hardware with HW20 and 10% off the Signature Range with POTV10

So if 0, 6, 12, 18 or 24mg is your bag at 50/50, this vendor is well worth a visit. But why oh why no 3mg?

OK i'm off now because the 12mg sweats have hit me :D

tarra chucks.

The Eton Mess is superb too [emoji3]

Man, I don't know how I missed this! Thanks very much for the review :)

Just want to respond to a few of the points you've made... firstly, yep, our samples at present are only 50/50 12mg. One of the reasons we're selling samples so cheap at the moment (cheaper than our retail liquid) is because we really want to clear our stock so that we can switch to 6mg 30/70 (high VG). Some of our samples have sold out (including Jam Toast... our most popular liquid by far at the moment) and rather than confusing things by having different samples at different ratios, we're waiting until we've cleared as much of our current stock as possible.

Secondly, we're also running a sale on selected 50/100ml liquids, again to clear stock, so we can rationalise the available ratios/strengths. Due to site limitations we're unable to offer a 30/70 option on those liquids while the sale is running, but they'll be back once the sale is over. Again, all of those are available at any strength in 50/50. We will be offering a 3mg option for all liquids soon after we end our sale... I say soon after because it depends whether we continue our sale for another month. We recognise a lot of vapers have moved to 30/70 now and will be moving to this ratio across the range and selling it pre-steeped like we do with all our current liquids.

So 'Double Mint' can be found on our site under 'Confectionery' :) You're right on the flavour profile. There's actually some bubblegum in there too but like you, I don't vape a lot of mint so can't really taste it. People that vape a lot of minty flavours pick it out though.

Baklava. I don't quite understand the floral note that's coming through for you? I'm wondering whether it might be the honey in there that you're detecting? We've had people of Middle Eastern origin telling us we've nailed it - that it tastes very authentic and they can't get enough of it. Todd reviewed it and said much the same. That doesn't mean, and I'm not trying to say that you're wrong - just that it's funny how different palates are sensitive to different notes.

Pastel, I'm pleased you like... and again it's a very popular flavour. Yet again it's weird though - Todd said he didn't like it because of 'the nutty taste', despite the fact that there's no nut flavours in there and he liked Baklava, which is nutty!? I still find it interesting how different palates detect different things.

Red's Dead is basically Wrigley's Big Red. That's either something you like or it isn't I suppose. Me personally, I love this stuff and am surprised it hasn't been more popular.

I could again echo comments about how different juices appeal to different palates when it comes to Del Fuego and Root (Root is very popular and gets a lot of praise... Del Fuego, not so much strangely) but I think most people know that.

Anyway, thanks again for the review and I'm pleased you like a good number of flavours. All of them are also available as concentrate (although we're out of stock on a number of them temporarily) so you can make 3mg while you wait for us to stock them ready-made, if DIY is your thing :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom