What's new

Ten questions on vaping.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
I couldn't watch it all. Got frustrated with it. Seems like the answers point to 'we don't really know'.

Saw this a few days ago. Sloppy, poorly researched, vague and in some cases plain incorrect answers. :19:

I noticed this article this morning (via news feed) and I found this brief 6 mins Q&A really quite negative (though not totally negative) in tone, and also contained half-truths (and/or some untruths, I'm not qualified to say).. and also seemed to demonise nicotine...

Take "Is vaping bad for your teeth?"
I think it is extremely unlikely that sweeteners in e-liquid will cause anything like the potential damage that sweets or sugary drinks can cause.
Personally, my teeth & gums have drastically improved since I gave up smoking (and started vaping) in 2008. Admittedly, this is probably mainly due to adopting a better oral hygiene routine.

Or take "Can vaping kill you?"
Now that's a loaded question for starters, but "over 200 adverse reactions" does not state what kind of "adverse reaction" (severe allergy maybe?) and "3 deaths" with no kind of context whatsoever.

And who is this reporter Annabel Rackham?
What are her credentials?
Many of her 'opinions' did not have any form of citation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0dqpl4r/10-questions-on-10-questions-on-vaping

I'd love to go back and pick them all out for you, but being honest... I can't be f*cked, mostly a load of shite anyway.

Thoughts?

I'm thinking that I'd like my 6 minutes and 27 seconds back.

What are the questions?
Cant watch iplayer because i refuse to pay the BBC license fee, because - charging old people for the license, gender pay gaps, biased reporting and years of sheltering pedos and upskirt bra sniffers
Console yourself with the fact that due to being behind the iplayer paywall, Annabel's nonsensical garbage won't have as much reach as it would on YouTube or Twitter. :)

Back
Top Bottom