What's new

The 100Thousand campaign...

Signed this a while back and shared on media then. Shared again yesterday

Had a reply from another Vaper 'why bother, won't change anything, what's coming is coming'

I replied 'maybe but I'm no quitter ;)'

Seriously I'm as cynical as the next man but we shouldn't give up trying.

And the campaign to leave the EU has already commented on ecigs @junglist
http://leave.eu/en/news/2015-10-15/...rs-quit-hampered-by-overzealous-eu-regulation

I know you spot most things like this before anyone else @Mark! I had been speaking to Christian at Simple Vape since meeting him at Vape Jam this year about this and knew he was trying to get something organised. The 100K website not been live that long so still very early days for it. I am hoping that as reality starts to bite then people will start to pay a bit more attention. I did wonder if the Leave campaign would look at Ecigs to try and help their argument so that is good to see. I think that this campaign is a little different, sort the TPD or we will push the country out at the referendum, there are enough vapers in the UK to make that difference I reckon. It is hard because we've been bombarded by this type of thing over the last few years and I know people will wonder what the point is. This is the last chance to make a change before we are lumbered with this.

@Ment - was talking to a vendor yesterday who said that he tells every smoker who comes in to his shop that the Government wants them dead. Smoking is good for the economy, smokers pay taxes everyday they smoke and they die early, winner all round for the economy. The action against vaping is as bent as you like, no doubt about it. So all we can do it help to promote this cause the same as any of the others and if this one gets some traction then it could be really interesting to watch.

I hesitated for a while when this was linked to leaving the EU ... I've never been a single issue voter ... but bollocks, this is just a threat to reinforce the seriousness and depth of feeling.
No more pussyfooting around, I was ready for civil disobedience anyway. :) One more petition maybe, but it can't hurt.

Done and the very best thing for this country would be to 'unhitch' from the EU. There is a bloody good reason why there is 30 miles of water between us! But thats just me :)

I'd love someone to explain to me how it works.

It seems like "Dump the TPD or we'll vote to leave Eurp"...but legally the government can not ignore the TPD. So the option is "Do something that the UK will be fined for and forced to enact or I'll vote to leave the EU."

Now call me naive, or call me Dave or something harsher, but it seems a shit ultimatum.

Even if the UK left the EU it'd still enact a form of TPD. But then that is not an option the government will even consider discussing at this point in time given their policy is to stay in the club.

If I'm missing something obvious here I'm all ears. Apart from my penis. That's all penis.

I'd love someone to explain to me how it works.

It seems like "Dump the TPD or we'll vote to leave Eurp"...but legally the government can not ignore the TPD. So the option is "Do something that the UK will be fined for and forced to enact or I'll vote to leave the EU."

Now call me naive, or call me Dave or something harsher, but it seems a shit ultimatum.

Even if the UK left the EU it'd still enact a form of TPD. But then that is not an option the government will even consider discussing at this point in time given their policy is to stay in the club.

If I'm missing something obvious here I'm all ears. Apart from my penis. That's all penis.

The Idea is to get an opt out on the TPD, or at least article 20 as part of the trade off's to get us to stay in the EU, the threat being if they don't get it we will try to ensure we leave the EU anyway, We can but try...

The Idea is to get an opt out on the TPD, or at least article 20 as part of the trade off's to get us to stay in the EU, the threat being if they don't get it we will try to ensure we leave the EU anyway, We can but try...
Ta. Understood.

But hasn't Camoron's overview of proposed changes just been submitted to EU ministers this week following their release to the press last week?

Back
Top Bottom