What's new

The 100Thousand campaign...

Ta. Understood.

But hasn't Camoron's overview of proposed changes just been submitted to EU ministers this week following their release to the press last week?

Hi Mawsley, asked the question of the organisers. No reply about Cameron but to add to what @Tubbyengineer said:

"The idea that UK vapers could be a decisive force in the EU referendum is not coming from us but from the EU Commission. It’s Health Directorate-General - “SANTE” - has written to the UK Department of Health saying that the Commission is worried the 2.6 million voting vapers in the UK are sufficiently irritated with the TPD to use the referendum as a tool to block TPD implementation. It’s also something which three senior commentators - Owen Paterson, Tim Montgomerie and Matt Ridley - all see as plausible. If vapers turn the Commission’s worries into reality then it is the Commission that will insist on the UK opting out of Article 20. Brussels will do everything in its power to keep the UK in the EU and Article 20 is a very small concession for it to make The referendum is not the only political path for vapers to tread - but we should at very least ensure that all our vaping friends know that Brussels is worried about them."

Hi Mawsley, asked the question of the organisers. No reply about Cameron but to add to what @Tubbyengineer said:

"The idea that UK vapers could be a decisive force in the EU referendum is not coming from us but from the EU Commission. It’s Health Directorate-General - “SANTE” - has written to the UK Department of Health saying that the Commission is worried the 2.6 million voting vapers in the UK are sufficiently irritated with the TPD to use the referendum as a tool to block TPD implementation. It’s also something which three senior commentators - Owen Paterson, Tim Montgomerie and Matt Ridley - all see as plausible. If vapers turn the Commission’s worries into reality then it is the Commission that will insist on the UK opting out of Article 20. Brussels will do everything in its power to keep the UK in the EU and Article 20 is a very small concession for it to make The referendum is not the only political path for vapers to tread - but we should at very least ensure that all our vaping friends know that Brussels is worried about them."

I think this is something we need to get a bit more widely publicised, If Sante are worried then we need to make sure that Vapers, Vendors and the Media know that Article 20 is so loathed that even the EU beuracrats are worried it could force a country out of the EU...

Nice. Given my local Eurosceptic MP's inclination to piss off Camoron by defying the whip it might just be the thing to sway him over to vaping.

I think this is something we need to get a bit more widely publicised, If Sante are worried then we need to make sure that Vapers, Vendors and the Media know that Article 20 is so loathed that even the EU beuracrats are worried it could force a country out of the EU...

That's what the 100K campaign is going to try and do. Early days so we'll see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Fuck! Only 1,652 signed up? :( This needs a lot more traction ...

Yeah, I think this is one that might be at least able to make some noise - Although they may be waiting until after the 17th to see what the Advocate Generals advice to the CJEU will be...

Another petition I have signed.I get sick of us being ruled by Brussels, along with big tobacco on this issue. Trouble is, all vapers I have met so far in my town have not heard about TPD and are shocked when I tell them the details. I have told all to join this forum and sign any petition going. By the way, isn`t the European Court ruling this month on the Totally Wicked case?. Not holding out much hope but will be interesting to see what they say.

Back
Top Bottom