What's new

the oh god oh god damascus update thread part 3

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
the hard as nails Damascus is proving harder than my mate who took on all comers when I was younger

but its cut

now being cut is great but you need the colour to pop

this is it half cut when I say that, I mean, I have cut the slots the holes the lot and made it thinner buy about 2mm this sounds easy right hmmm this steel is harder than you can possible imagine no hacksaw will even mark it.....tricky so after buying colbolt drills and solid carbide milling bits the drills aloan were £8 each for a 2mm drill I made the plate

IMG_6080.jpg

so the etching was achieved using ferric chloride but it's too shiny I want a darker more wow factor

IMG_6201.jpg

this is a bowl of what looks like mud well its not, its a very very old method I found in a book here from when I made knives, seeing as I'm doing this in the kitchen its safe and so it should be as your paws will be on the mod, we don't want those paws falling off now do we

before I show you the finished plate Alfie has asked me to say thank you to you, my fellow apes for the purchases you have made we have treated him to a sheepskin rug he loves it.

IMG_6199.jpg

plus I need to tag @Crewella just because she can say "bastard" :P

IMG_6206.jpg

harder than life Damascus face plate.....done

the mod will be all finished soon.....

the hard as nails Damascus is proving harder than my mate who took on all comers when I was younger

but its cut

now being cut is great but you need the colour to pop

this is it half cut when I say that, I mean, I have cut the slots the holes the lot and made it thinner buy about 2mm this sounds easy right hmmm this steel is harder than you can possible imagine no hacksaw will even mark it.....tricky so after buying colbolt drills and solid carbide milling bits the drills aloan were £8 each for a 2mm drill I made the plate

View attachment 173573

so the etching was achieved using ferric chloride but it's too shiny I want a darker more wow factor

View attachment 173574

this is a bowl of what looks like mud well its not, its a very very old method I found in a book here from when I made knives, seeing as I'm doing this in the kitchen its safe and so it should be as your paws will be on the mod, we don't want those paws falling off now do we

before I show you the finished plate Alfie has asked me to say thank you to you, my fellow apes for the purchases you have made we have treated him to a sheepskin rug he loves it.

View attachment 173575

plus I need to tag @Crewella just because she can say "bastard" :P

View attachment 173576

harder than life Damascus face plate.....done

the mod will be all finished soon.....
"Bastard" :10:

..... and :love:

........ and :worship:

Back
Top Bottom