What's new

Think Vape Finder 250C user manual

Thanks. Tried escribe but no option to set time or date. Just figured it out via the mod tho. So that's sorted now.

Gonna be a slow learning curve, me thinks. Trial and error.
LOL yeah you're right, time is set on the mod doh. Not bothered with it as, like I said, needs resetting if batteries are removed & new ones fitted at the speed of light. What else are you struggling with?

LOL yeah you're right, time is set on the mod doh. Not bothered with it as, like I said, needs resetting if batteries are removed & new ones fitted at the speed of light. What else are you struggling with?
Yeah, just bothered me tho. Unless I set time and date the home screen shows two error messages.

That's the only thing so far that was really bugging me tbh. Will mainly be the various key combos. I remember the 167 was quite fiddly to learn with all the various options. And there were several combos that you would just never guess. Some combos did more than one thing depending on what other setting we're applied before hand. And some combos had to be held for a few seconds.

Just handy to have it all on paper I think. Also need to figure out replay mode. I will have no problem using the mod but I bet I could use it for a year on the fly and then read a manual and find lots I never knew from just normal day to day use.

Last edited:
Yeah, just bothered me tho. Unless I set time and date the home screen shows two error messages.

That's the only thing so far that was really bugging me tbh. Will mainly be the various key combos. I remember the 167 was quite fiddly to learn with all the various options. And there were several combos that you would just never guess. Some combos did more than one thing depending on what other setting we're applied before hand.

Just handy to have it all on paper I think. I will have no problem using the mod but I bet I could use it for a year on the fly and then read a manual and find lots I never knew from just normal day to day use.
Use up/down buttons to highlight parameter to change, middle to select, up/down to change & middle button to save. The clock/error issue is a random one & there were posts about it when the DNA250C was released but can't remember if there was a fix. The C is a breeze to use compared to the older DNA's & if you're not a fiddler you never need Escribe.

Use up/down buttons to highlight parameter to change, middle to select, up/down to change & middle button to save. The clock/error issue is a random one & there were posts about it when the DNA250C was released but can't remember if there was a fix. The C is a breeze to use compared to the older DNA's & if you're not a fiddler you never need Escribe.
Thanks. It's weird and it's kinda why I was after a manual. From just playing around with the mod it does seem incredibly basic compared to the Finder 167. It was like the 167 was designed to be as complicated as possible. Figured I must be missing something with the 250C. Expected it to be the same. Was starting to feel like I didn't know the secret handshake or something. Impression I get from playing with it is there's no manual because there's no need for one. Seems that it couldn't be any more different than the older DNA250.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's weird and it's kinda why I was after a manual. From just playing around with the mod it does seem incredibly basic compared to the Finder 167. Figured I must be missing something.
It's been made simple to use for the non geeky/scared of Escribe people so more accessible. Evolv have their fan boys but even they where impressed with the ease of use & still allowing for the fiddlers who like to play around with deep settings & profiles. As I said some key press shortcuts exist, like key lock (5 x fire button) but they are adjusted in Escribe.It makes the mods closer to using mass produced Joyetechs etc but with the DNA benefits.

I'm a geek @Mitz - I genuinely prefer the none C DNA's, but as per @nwhornet the C versions are by design made so that you plug them into escribe once (if at all). Press the centre button as an enter, top as up, bottom as down and most of what you'll use day to day is in setting then the sub menu of your choice.

Nice boards. Just limted geek out potential [emoji6]

I'm a geek @Mitz - I genuinely prefer the none C DNA's, but as per @nwhornet the C versions are by design made so that you plug them into escribe once (if at all). Press the centre button as an enter, top as up, bottom as down and most of what you'll use day to day is in setting then the sub menu of your choice.

Nice boards. Just limted geek out potential [emoji6]
I'm not exactly a geek but I do like options (semi-geek?). For me, the 167 was a bit excessive, hence why I sold it, but the 250C seems to be at the other end of extreme. Personally, I would quite like something in the middle. Geekout available but without having to still consult a manual to refresh your memory 6 months into owning the mod.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly a geek but I do like options (semi-geek?). For me, the 167 was a bit excessive, hence why I sold it, but the 250C seems to be at the other end of extreme. Personally, I would quite like something in the middle. Geekout available but without having to still consult a manual to refresh your memory 6 months into owning the mod.
Honestly mate the 250c has more options than you'll ever need once you dig down into detail of it. It's more customisable than the none C versions in almost every way.
I actually think it's more complicated, but I'm conditioned to the older style and have been using them for a long time I suppose.

I didn't put you for a Finder 250c man anyhow mate. That's a Lugg style hooligan weapon. Whatchoo up to? [emoji23]

I still can't believe Ben's therion 166 is still up at forty notes in the classies. If I vaped high wattage out and about I don't think you'd find a beater beater at that price. Non squonk therions are bloody hard to find these day's. If it was the old 75 I'd have ripped his paws of months back.

Also @Mitz , with the colour dna mods I think theme is everything. Some are shit and lead you round the mulberry Bush to get a decent vape, some miss out most of the features.

If you go on the evolv forums MX2 is one of my faves.

Back
Top Bottom