What's new

Thread between Mech body and Switch

MechMod007

One of my purge mechs has been sat for quite some time and the thread for the switch has become impossible to open

Any ideas, I've tried soaking it in thinners for a few days plus spraying wd40 in and around the switch and through the 510 fitting to no avail

Attachments

• 20230307_231612.jpg
    20230307_231612.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Either let it sit in isopropyl alcohol for a while or take the switch out and find something to put into the now exposed vent-holes in the bottom to give you leverage. Either that or wrap the base and body in a nitrile glove and use a shifter to ease it off.

Normally you can use heat to loosen the joint, but in this case it would trash the paint job.

You could try dipping the 510 end in a pan of VERY hot water and using a pair of cloths try to unscrew it - try to dip it just long enough so the barrel gets hot, but not the switch if possible.

If that doesn't work I'd ask a mechanic or someone in a workshop if they can unfasten it using right angled plumbing type plyers - but tape up around the switch end and the tube as pliers WILL gouge up the metal if not well protected so don't scrimp on the tape.

It's probably just a bit of corrosion on the threads - if you get it undone apply a couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil on the threads and it will stop it happening again - it's a bit stinky though so maybe use 3 in 1 before storing it and clean it off before use as vaping nice flavours while smelling oil isn't for everyone.

Either let it sit in isopropyl alcohol for a while or take the switch out and find something to put into the now exposed vent-holes in the bottom to give you leverage. Either that or wrap the base and body in a nitrile glove and use a shifter to ease it off.

Yea was going to pick up some isopropyl this week to see if that will soak in the threads, it's frustrating having nice mechs and not being able to use them

I've tried mole grips (with cloth around) which are probably the tool that will give most grip and even they won't pop it... Might try some jewellers screwdrivers in the 4 vent holes and use a screwdriver for leverage

Back
Top Bottom