What's new

TPD ... consequences

Is the 20th the last day we can actually order nicotine above 20MG and more than 10ML?

I have a litre in the freezer of 72MG, and will be ordering more on the weekend so I have enough nicotine for a few years. Depending if it will be the last time I can order though will determine if I spend a few hundred pounds this weekend or spread it over a little while longer.

Yes i do think that it is way expensive, you are entitled to an opinion of course as am i. You being a vendor will defend the price to protect your profit margin and i understand that. But truthfully 1200% mark up. This knocked up in a shed idea doesn't apply to all diyers either. i may not have a clean room but i am not selling liquid i make it for my own use and i do so with a lot of care. steralized equipment, surfaces etc etc. The cost of liquid is for some more expensive than the cost of smoking, eventually the cost of vaping will for many push them back into smoking. I started to DIY because of the cost.
when you see the mods etc many vendors afford then it does make you think that theres a lot of money being made otherwise how do they afford to spend £700 on a mech?
I have no doubt that yourself and others make some great liquids. My reasons i don't buy them are simply because i have to live on a budget and can't afford or justify spending way more than when i smoked.
30 ml might last 2 days at the most which means at £13 a throw it would cost me about £45 a week, i used to buy a 2 oz pouch of tobacco a week cost £15 or there abouts.
I also know you are not to blame for the tpd by the way and all the shit that has come with it, but things like the testing costs and others will soon be recovered but will the prices go down once it has ? no a bigger profit will keep rolling in.
It's like buying a house and renting it out, eventually the house will be payed off buy those renting it but the landlords don't drop the rent. which is also wrong in my eyes.
sorry,

but in my opinion you are missing the point *edit-removed*

your last sentence is my favorite

so, i invest in a property, and right at the point it will start generating a return, i drop my profit so someone else with zero risk can benefit

get a grip man!

Last edited:
Is the 20th the last day we can actually order nicotine above 20MG and more than 10ML?

I have a litre in the freezer of 72MG, and will be ordering more on the weekend so I have enough nicotine for a few years. Depending if it will be the last time I can order though will determine if I spend a few hundred pounds this weekend or spread it over a little while longer.
Suppliers will be able to sell off existing stock until (I think) May next year. For me this raises a few questions, like is it better to buy it asap and get it in the freezer rather than have it sit on their shelf for weeks/months before getting it more stabilised in the freezer? Have they all stockpiled huge amounts sufficient to see them through to May next year or will it run out sooner? Will they start to increase (or decrease!) prices as May next year approaches? I chose to get it while fresh and in the freezer.

Suppliers will be able to sell off existing stock until (I think) May next year. For me this raises a few questions, like is it better to buy it asap and get it in the freezer rather than have it sit on their shelf for weeks/months before getting it more stabilised in the freezer? Have they all stockpiled huge amounts sufficient to see them through to May next year or will it run out sooner? Will they start to increase (or decrease!) prices as May next year approaches? I chose to get it while fresh and in the freezer.
Thank you for your help :).

I was under the impression the 20th was the deadline, and the 6 month grace period was from back in May, but a friend told me on here it was later so I thought best to check.

It is good to know it will be available to buy- I will order another litre on this weekend, as I will then have enough nicotine for a good few years for me and the missus, and in a few weeks try to get some more if it is still available anywhere so we can use nicotine for even longer with our collections.

This is easy.....

For those that don't wish to buy juice from vendors.....don't buy it....stick to your D.I.Y and stop fucking moaning....if you don't like it then shut the fuck up....you don't have any intention of buying premade juice from vendors then dont....simple...

For those of you that think that you could do better, and make juice for £3 per 100ml...then do it....buy all the concentrates, the VG the PG, the bottles, the labels and the design of the labels, the website and the upkeep of that, the unit and the rent, the equipment to make the juice, then testing of the juice, the postage costs and then finally paying yourself a wage...then please start up.....

If not, then please for fucks sake stop moaning about it....really....it's getting a bit silly....

If this post if offensive to anyone then I'm sorry....but fuck me....

Have been following this thread off and on and I'm thinking pretty much ^^ the above ^^

Vendors will be raising prices due to TPD shenanigans and justifiably so - some will use it as an opportunity to overcharge, and some won't. If you wanna buy juice then you got eyes...compare prices, buy from the folk who are charging a fair price for their services. Bear in mind that when you pay someone else to do something that you either can't be arsed to do, or just can't do, then you should expect to pay a premium for their time, tools and skills. For better or worse that's just the way this world works.

I'll still diy as I can't afford to pay someone else to make all my juice for me, but will continue to treat myself to premade juices when finances allow. I used to spend about £20pw on baccy, dunno if my vaping costs have been more or less than that since I started 5 months or so ago, but even if I've spent more on vaping than I would have smoking then the simple improvement in my health justifies it, if nothing else.

Consequences of TPD? Yes, things will cost more, for both producer and consumer. There are still ways that we as consumers can mitigate the costs (diy etc) but TPD is gonna happen - I really don't understand all the bleating and arguing over it. We're adults, we should understand by now that shit happens...you pick yourself up, deal with, and get on with stuff. Heck if the increasing price of ejuice and nicotine were the worst things the average human being had to worry about there'd be crowds of folk dancing in the streets.

I've been trying really hard not to get involved in these threads for obvious reasons, but I can't resist...

Firstly, talks of 'millions of litres' are just absurd. I know I speak for pretty much all the vendors that take the time on here to answer questions and get involved with the community that we are producing artesian products in small(ish) batches that are nowhere near these volumes.

Secondly, as others have pointed out already, it's easy to see why somebody who is used to DIYing their own juices may feel that we who produce commercially are 'ripping people off' or charging unfairly, as the base materials can be fairly inexpensive.

Unfortunately, the costs of raw materials only accounts for a small percentage of the overheads for any manufacturing operation, e-liquids included. I have noticed that this is often overlooked - probably because those who DIY know that it is a relatively simple process to mix an e-liquid. This arguement does not represent the true cost of the final products after all other factors have been considered.

Like any industry, there is a wide range of products available to vapers, and a wide range of options for people to make their own juices. Nobody is stopping them, in the same way that nobody is stopping anybody from cooking their own meals, cutting their own hair, making their own clothes, brewing their own beer etc.

If people like and wish to buy our products, they will. If they deem it too expensive or substandard, they won't. I do know, however, that the prices we charge are fair, and the mark-up is nowhere near what a lot of people would apparently expect.

All I can say is, if there really is ridiculous mark-ups to me made and an easy fortune to be had in this business, I for one am doing something seriously wrong and would love some pointers from some of the apparent experts on here please :D

sorry,

but you are a fucking idiot

your last sentence is my favorite

so, i invest in a property, and right at the point it will start generating a return, i drop my profit so someone else with zero risk can benefit

get a grip man!
And calling me a fucking idiot is supposed to bother me?. Besides its all irrelevant to me as i DIY your the one taking the risk. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Plus i am not the only one who thinks what i said, i just say it how i see it some won't because they don't want to upset the odd person or 2.
What happened to each to their own?

And calling me a fucking idiot is supposed to bother me?. Besides its all irrelevant to me as i DIY your the one taking the risk. Everyone is allowed an opinion. Plus i am not the only one who thinks what i said, i just say it how i see it some won't because they don't want to upset the odd person or 2.
What happened to each to their own?
Perhaps vendors who are currently in a state of extreme stress and angst about the method they have chosen to feed and house their families are a bit touchy about being judged as "too expensive" by people who haven't really got a clue what this particular commercial industry is currently like?

Considering the outrageous costs and ever changing hoops (by that I mean new rules are appearing all the time, one particularly nasty one appeared at the end of last week, that COULD mean the juice you all assumed you could buy until the 20th may 17, from vendors who were not going to go through TPD but were just going to sell existing stocks till then, may be no longer be legally available after the 20th November 16)

Vendors are understandably on edge at the minute, I dunno - maybe they feel attacked by your horribly inaccurate assessment of what it costs to make juice on a legitimate market scale?

Back
Top Bottom