What's new

Vandy Vape Simple EX Strip Tease?

Turns out you were right, it's started to patch, came out easily with Brasso cotton but in hindsight I should have gone with your suggestion of clearcoat.

Was kind of hoping to be wrong tbh, any clear always takes a little of the shine away.

It's a shame, ironically SXK uses a more polishing friendly metal on the Billet Box clone, I've not needed to clean it for months (apart from a dry buff with microfibre cloth to remove paw marks)

I polished a Squid Double Barrel yesterday, the clearcoat had perished, the metal was much harder to polish so will keep an eye on that:
(the mod is knackered anyway so nothing to loose).

Squid-Polish.jpg

That has come up well mate.. Looks a country mile better than black (IMHO)

It's a shame, ironically SXK uses a more polishing friendly metal on the Billet Box clone, I've not needed to clean it for months (apart from a dry buff with microfibre cloth to remove paw marks)

I polished a Squid Double Barrel yesterday, the clearcoat had perished, the metal was much harder to polish so will keep an eye on that:
(the mod is knackered anyway so nothing to loose).

View attachment 203858

How knackered is it?

How knackered is it?
The proprietary 510 connector is short circuiting and loose inside, jumps ohm or short circuits.
Stripped it down and cleaned it all out but you van see the positive pin wobble with signs of wear.

The proprietary 510 connector is short circuiting and loose inside, jumps ohm or short circuits.
Stripped it down and cleaned it all out but you van see the positive pin wobble with signs of wear.

Give me a shout if you want shot of it - wouldn't mind a spare barrel and battery door for when mine inevitably wears out...

It's not mine sorry @pdg I was attempting to fix it for a mate @Martvb60.

I'm wondering if Squid customer support can supply a new 510 assembly as it's such a waste of a good looking mod.

Back
Top Bottom