What's new

vapefest car/petrol money sharing thread

Simon G

Olympian
This a thread for people going/wanting to go to shrewsbury vapefest

if you have spare seats that you can offer to a fellow ape or you are looking for a lift ..

..... I'll start things off...

I'm looking for a lift from the South Coast, pick up from Portsmouth/Southampton, happy to bring a tent if you are going all weekend and happy to chip in my share for petrol costs obviously.

I'm a 46 year old male, with fairly centre left political views, pretty laid back and easy going, I like rock music, punk rock, indie rock, classic rock, alternative rock and rock rock (and some 60's-80's pop) .... so probably not looking for a lift with 22 year olds who will listen to drum and bass, dubstep (or whatever) all the way up, no offence but you probably wouldn't want to give me a lift anyway and it would be nice to have something in common right? ;) I'm also happy to wander off and meet other apes and vendors on my own so you won't be married to me all weekend. :D

Cheers!

I will be flying into either Southampton or London (haven't decided yet) on 5th Aug, and then heading up to Manchester on the 7th, so if anyone wants to give me a lift for a contribution to petrol, let me know.

I'm 31, but am frequently told I have the brain of a grumpy old man. I hate pop music and most commercial electronic music, most things on the radio really annoy me, so if it's going to be Radio 1/2 or local radio from Southampton to Shrewsbury then please don't offer me a lift because I will be a miserable bastard. I will happily listen to pretty much anything else - (extreme) metal, punk, rock, jazz, classical, no music is fine, Radio 4 also fine. If you are strongly anti-immigration and "just want your country back" then please don't offer me a lift, we will not be friends. Apart from these issues, I'm very laid back.

My primary interests besides vaping are: extreme metal (music), SciFi literature, science (chemistry), cult British comedy and stand up, real ale.

Last edited:
I'm going from Anglesey via the A5 all the way down and have a spare seat.
I'm 35 and I'm pretty much a major pain in the ass. I've got a big mouth, gutter level sense of humour and drive too fast most of the time.
You can expect to be assaulted by heavy metal music most of the way down and at least one burger stop is likely.
I'm going on the Friday evening until Sunday tea time. We're stopping in the Holiday Inn Express but I've no problem dropping you somewhere else as long as it's in the vicinity.
[emoji16]

Edit: And if that doesn't sound appealing you're simply not human [emoji6]

Last edited:
I'm 35 and I'm pretty much a major pain in the ass. I've got a big mouth, gutter level sense of humour and drive too fast most of the time.
You can expect to be assaulted by heavy metal music most of the way down and at least one burger stop is likely.
I'm going on the Friday evening until Sunday tea time. We're stopping in the Holiday Inn Express but I've no problem dropping you somewhere else as long as it's in the vicinity.
[emoji16]

sounds like fun, pity I don't live Bangor. :(

[emoji16]

Is it on this weekend mate yea

I'm heading up on the Saturday morning - only going for the day (opening to 3ish?) leaving from Banbury area plenty of space in the motor

[emoji16]

I think I just got a match here, :love:

Back
Top Bottom