What's new

Vaping Allergy

Danna

Hello! I wonder if anyone can help with my problem..?
I switched to e cigs approx two and a half years ago but after six months of vaping, I developed a small irritation in my mouth - a little dry patch on the inside of my right cheek. The patch wasn't painful or sore or swollen, but noticeable. I had no other reactions or symptoms. After enquiries and research, I came to the conclusion that I was probably mildly allergic to PG, which, as you know, is a common ingredient of most e liquids and the probable cause of the irritation I was suffering. I found a company online that sold E liquids that were 100% VG and I have been vaping with those ever since, with no Ill effects. Unfortunately, after nearly two years, I have recently noticed that the dry patch reaction in my mouth has returned. To try and remedy this, I have tried different flavours and even liquids that are Nicotine free, but nothing works, and the allergic symptoms appear to be getting slightly worse. I have just switched to a different device but it doesn't appear to have made any difference. Please advise.

I switched to e cigs approx two and a half years ago but after six months of vaping, I developed a small irritation in my mouth - a little dry patch on the inside of my right cheek. The patch wasn't painful or sore or swollen, but noticeable. I had no other reactions or symptoms. After enquiries and research, I came to the conclusion that I was probably mildly allergic to PG, which, as you know, is a common ingredient of most e liquids and the probable cause of the irritation I was suffering. I found a company online that sold E liquids that were 100% VG and I have been vaping with those ever since, with no Ill effects. Unfortunately, after nearly two years, I have recently noticed that the dry patch reaction in my mouth has returned. To try and remedy this, I have tried different flavours and even liquids that are Nicotine free, but nothing works, and the allergic symptoms appear to be getting slightly worse. I have just switched to a different device but it doesn't appear to have made any difference. Please advise.

Unless you see a GP how do you come to the conclusion that's it's actually vaping that's causing the issue, it could be a reaction to anything like certain foods or certain drinks, drugs you have been taking, by drugs i mean medications. There are endless possibilities it could be but you jump on the Blame Vaping Bandwagon. The body can react differently to different things. example, eating cabbage makes your bollox sweat. you wouldn't know that until some Doctor has run tests on you to see if it's true, it's not true btw it's Sprouts. My point is get proper medical advice before your asking for vaping to be banned or whateva.

I'm certainly not asking for vaping to be banned! Just asking for advice or opinions from people here who may have suffered similar symptoms as myself. I fully intend to consult my GP but just wondered if anyone else here experienced the same reaction to vaping.

I'm certainly not asking for vaping to be banned! Just asking for advice or opinions from people here who may have suffered similar symptoms as myself. I fully intend to consult my GP but just wondered if anyone else here experienced the same reaction to vaping.

I wasn't having a go at you. I am just saying don't be so quick to say it's vape related and get checked out by your Doctor, i like many others get a dry mouth whilst vaping but it's just the nature of vaping. It could be a reaction to vaping but make sure with your GP.

I've not heard of anything like this before, but at least you know it had nothing to do with PG now. .. and you were vaping 100%VG for 2 years so it's not either, you've tried different flavours and zero nicotine... and you've switched to a different device, so it's not that.. I don't think there's anything left?

I would guess that it's highly unlikely to have anything to do with vaping. If you were allergic to anything in e-liquid it wouldn't usually take 6 months to appear either. I think I have some kind of allergic reaction to nicotine salts, that was pretty much immediately apparent the first time I vaped it. .. same with the second time I tried to vape nic salts a couple of years later, my throat was burning within a few puffs.

..as everyone has said go a doctor. I think you've done enough 'self diagnosis' already!

I wasn't having a go at you. I am just saying don't be so quick to say it's vape related and get checked out by your Doctor, i like many others get a dry mouth whilst vaping but it's just the nature of vaping. It could be a reaction to vaping but make sure with your GP.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Hi! Hope my following answer can help to to get some instructions.

Some vape users may experience vaping allergies due to various factors, including individual sensitivities or allergies to certain ingredients present in e-liquids or vape devices. Common symptoms of vaping allergies can include coughing, wheezing, throat irritation, shortness of breath, headaches, or skin irritation.

To address vaping allergies, consider the following steps:

1. Identify the allergen: Determine if you are allergic to a specific ingredient in the e-liquid, such as propylene glycol (PG) or vegetable glycerin (VG), flavorings, or nicotine. You can try switching to different e-liquid brands or flavors that have different ingredient compositions to see if the symptoms improve.

2. Choose alternative ingredients: If you suspect an allergy to PG, try using e-liquids with higher VG ratios or opt for VG-based e-liquids. Some individuals may be sensitive to specific flavorings, so experimenting with different flavors or opting for unflavored e-liquids might help.

3. Check for potential irritants: Ensure that your vape device is clean and well-maintained. Residue buildup or exposure to contaminants can potentially trigger allergic reactions. Clean the tank, replace coils regularly, and handle e-liquids and devices with clean hands.

4. Consult a healthcare professional: If symptoms persist or worsen, it is advisable to consult a medical professional for a proper diagnosis and guidance. They can help identify the specific allergen and provide appropriate recommendations or treatments.
Remember, everyone's body reacts differently, and what works for one person may not work for another. It's crucial to listen to your body, make informed decisions, and seek professional advice when needed to address any vaping allergies effectively.

Back
Top Bottom