What's new

What have i missed and what am i doing wrong?

deamondiamond

Postman
Been vaping for coming up to 13 years

Was previously using obs engine, switched to nautilus 3 0.5 using 50/50 juice which is fine....

Noticed alot of the vaping forums and fb groups etc all seemed to be very quiet nowdays, what did i miss?

I also purchased some disposables as i heard they are pretty good and I have to say they have some of the best flavoured e-liquid i've ever tired in 13 years, i spent thousands in the past on e-liquids and never found one that was great or blew me away yet dispoables have managed this?? Confused!

All that "neotame" in the disposables got you hooked huh ?

Enjoy them before they're banned :28:

I find them too sweet to be perfectly honest but the actual flavours are what blow me away, I'll probably carry one in the car for emergencies or ease of use out the house but be sticking to my normal setup in the house - What i'm most confused about is how the flavours are so realistic when i've spent ££££ on juice in the past and you can barely taste the juice or they just taste naff!

IMG_20230825_221047.jpg
IMG_20230825_221117.jpg

IMG_20230825_221332.jpg

I think they're vile. Not just disposables but most juices, the legendary vendors on this forum excepted. Three puffs and my mouth feels like it's coated in oil.

And why are they all menthol? Is that another flavour booster?

A few years ago I went to a vape meet in a shop where a new vendor was trialling his juices. All five were incredible and I couldn't wait for them to be released.

I ordered all 5, and, without any warning, menthol and enhancers had been added to all of them. The whole lot went in the bin.

Welcome to 2023 ;) To sum up the last two to three years in vaping:
  • Pods took over - cheaper to make, higher profit margin. Gen3 pods are actually not half bad :18:
  • Legislators have made vaping much more difficult in the US, Australia, and China
  • Along with restricting vaping in China, the laws have effected the export industry, as well, f ex FastTech closed down
  • Disposables have taken over along with pods - they have a huge profit margin, and contain both more flavor concentrate than normal juice and sweeteners not used by reputable producers (thanks @gary68 )
  • Hobby vaping is surviving, but the release cycle is much slower from China, and many smaller companies, especially in the States, have bit the dust
Now I bet you’re really depressed :17:

Welcome to 2023 ;) To sum up the last two to three years in vaping:
  • Pods took over - cheaper to make, higher profit margin. Gen3 pods are actually not half bad :18:
  • Legislators have made vaping much more difficult in the US, Australia, and China
  • Along with restricting vaping in China, the laws have effected the export industry, as well, f ex FastTech closed down
  • Disposables have taken over along with pods - they have a huge profit margin, and contain both more flavor concentrate than normal juice and sweeteners not used by reputable producers (thanks @gary68 )
  • Hobby vaping is surviving, but the release cycle is much slower from China, and many smaller companies, especially in the States, have bit the dust
Now I bet you’re really depressed :17:

Thanks for the update I appreciate it, I'm one of the guilty ones who sat back and was content with my vaping experience and wasn't 'in the loop' up until recently was satisfied with my vaping experience as I "settled" up until very recently i was using the original OBS engine which was constantly leaking and I just had enough so bought a nautilus 3....

My current setup is a nautilus 3 with 0.4 ohm coil using 6mg nic, I've tried many a juice in the past and to be honest think the majority of them lack flavour and have ended up "settling" I even dabbled many years ago in DIY but with all the faff gave up with DIY...

I'm now at the stage where I no longer enjoy my normal vape and I'm not sure where to go from here....

I enjoy a long deep inhale with a bit of a throat hit and do normally like a bit of mintyness at the end and prefer fruity/candy vapes - I'm wondering if i should try order some higher ohm coils and try either 10 or 20mg nic salts and hope maybe these liquids have stronger flavours???

From the UK BTW

Thank you.

Thanks for the update I appreciate it, I'm one of the guilty ones who sat back and was content with my vaping experience and wasn't 'in the loop' up until recently was satisfied with my vaping experience as I "settled" up until very recently i was using the original OBS engine which was constantly leaking and I just had enough so bought a nautilus 3....

My current setup is a nautilus 3 with 0.4 ohm coil using 6mg nic, I've tried many a juice in the past and to be honest think the majority of them lack flavour and have ended up "settling" I even dabbled many years ago in DIY but with all the faff gave up with DIY...

I'm now at the stage where I no longer enjoy my normal vape and I'm not sure where to go from here....

I enjoy a long deep inhale with a bit of a throat hit and do normally like a bit of mintyness at the end and prefer fruity/candy vapes - I'm wondering if i should try order some higher ohm coils and try either 10 or 20mg nic salts and hope maybe these liquids have stronger flavours???

From the UK BTW

Thank you.

It's a big step down from an Engine (a very highly rated RTA) to a Nautilus. Clearos have improved greatly but they're still nowhere near the best RTAs.

This should be your next step, another RTA. One of the best I have is the Wotofo Troll X, £14.99 at Legion of Vapers, and it's not too leaky.

From the UK BTW

Thank you.
Have to say, I am a bit baffled by your tank selection, as the Obs tank is a good dl vape (have one somewhere) and the Nautilus 3 is made more for mtl vaping :hmm:

Regardless, in terms of flavor you may find that the already well-steeped 10ml salts will satisfy you a bit more. The flavors available will probably appeal to you, as well. However, you may have to go up to 20mg to get that throat hit, and that’s a lot of nic. Maybe the best solution is to pick up some 10ml steeped 6 or 12mg freebase juice, if possible… ;) If you want a flavorful mtl vape (?), I would try some salts with the 1.0ohms mesh nautilus coil. It’s my go-to when I don’t have a rebuildable :D

Back
Top Bottom