What's new

Vaping is under threat

I'm a bit confused, will I still be able to import, for instance, a tank that wouldn't meet regulations or would it be seized and destroyed by customs? Will I still be able to DIY mix my own juice?

I'm a bit confused, will I still be able to import, for instance, a tank that wouldn't meet regulations or would it be seized and destroyed by customs? Will I still be able to DIY mix my own juice?
Imports are pretty safe (at least so far) mixing your own will be straightforward if a 10ml 20mg bottle of nicotine is sufficient. If it isn't it is back to the black market for your nic. Please try to find a reputable vendor and don't be tempted by sellers offering nic higher than 72mg/7.2% it can be very dangerous handling the higher percentages. At 7.2%/72mg its still not to be thrown around willy nilly, but at higher percentages it actually gets dangerous. Much like vinegar won't harm you but concentrated acetic acid might.

I've heard shops can still sell the big tanks and liquids but they have to buy a licence which costs thousands.

I've heard shops can still sell the big tanks and liquids but they have to buy a licence which costs thousands.
Not exactly. Anything manufactured and in stock before 20 May can be sold until November. After November it could be problematic but there are always ways round these things. The next six months will be, er, interesting (and painful for some).

Imports are pretty safe (at least so far) mixing your own will be straightforward if a 10ml 20mg bottle of nicotine is sufficient. If it isn't it is back to the black market for your nic. Please try to find a reputable vendor and don't be tempted by sellers offering nic higher than 72mg/7.2% it can be very dangerous handling the higher percentages. At 7.2%/72mg its still not to be thrown around willy nilly, but at higher percentages it actually gets dangerous. Much like vinegar won't harm you but concentrated acetic acid might.

Ahhhh, cheers. I'm only on 1.5mg nicotine now anyway and I'll probably (hopfully!) be completely nicotine free next month.

This is an issue that is happening all over the world right now for vapers. Its all different rules in different places. Would be nice to just have one sensible standard for vapers anywhere in the world instead of not knowing whats what.

This is an issue that is happening all over the world right now for vapers. Its all different rules in different places. Would be nice to just have one sensible standard for vapers anywhere in the world instead of not knowing whats what.

Would be nice to have one sensible standard for ANYTHING across the globe ;)
We got off lightly in the UK, some countries have outright banned every damned thing to do with vaping :(

Back
Top Bottom