What's new

Voopoo Vinci review

Cozy

Achiever
Apologies another review on the Vinci they all seem to have come at the same time

I won this from voopoo a few weeks back and was asked to provide my thoughts, these are my thoughts and does not represent the views of the potv forums

1st Mod review so go easy on me

All info on the vinci can be found here

https://m.voopoo.com/vinci

Vinci comes boxed with the following

Vinci mod
5.5ml pod
1No. 0.3 PNP-VM1 coil
1No. 0.8 PNP-R1 coil
Instruction booklet
USB charge cable
Warranty card

The mod itself is a 1-40w adjustable wattage with an internal 1500 mAh battery, 0.96" TFT colour screen, auto and manual draw modes, dimensions are 104x25x25mm, and is charged via a micro usb cable on the bottom of the mod

The pod is a 5.5ml capacity pod with the coil inserted in the bottom push fit type, and the pod attaches to the mod via 4 strong magnets, you get the 2No. Coils above with the mod but they are compatible with all Voopoo PNP type coils with varying resistances.

Filling the pod is done via a rubber strip that you lift and there is a decent enough fill hole to get even a decent size shortfil tip in with enough room for air to escape, while filling, no problem with the needle tips on most 10ml bottles

Air flow is controlled via the pod as there are 3 air flow holes on the mod on each side, and you turn the pod 180 degrees to control between a fully open DTL style vape to a supposedly MTL vape, I'd describe it more a restricted DTL vape though

Usual 5 clicks to turn off and on,
There are 3 firing modes changed via 3 clicks of the fire button, auto, auto/manual and manual only, although the auto mode was temperamental on the 0.3 coil but didn't really work on the 0.8 coil, didn't bother me as used the manual mode all the time, prefer to press to fire, decent clicky fire button, it has a 2 week puff counter never used it probably never will

Onto the coils

0.3 PNP-VM1 coil

Well I started with this one, primed it and filled the pod with some prime vapes 70/30 blackcurrant lemonade, as soon as I put the pod on it recognised the coil and automatically adjusted the wattage to 35w, I brought it down to break the pod in first, even if you set it to a different wattage and lock it, if you take the pod out and reinsert it, it will automatically go back up to 35w

Well once it was broken in, this coil gives very great flavour and alot of vapour production considering it's running at only 35w, I tried both air flow modes and preferred the full dtl airflow with this coil

I was using this alot over a week and put approx. 150ml liquid though the device before the coil eventually went which I must say is pretty impressive, although I suspect sweeter juices will kill it considerably quicker

Overall well happy with it, nice little cloud chucker with great flavour but running at 35w the battery doesn't last too long but just stuck it on charge at my desk

I did get a little bit of leakage in the top of the mod I think through the coil but the top of the mod is well sealed and it didn't affect the mod at all.

0.8 PNP-R1 coil

When the 0.3 coil went, cleaned the pod and primed the 0.8 coil using 50/50 20mg nic salts, using the MTL air flow on these and again this coil gives very good flavour but this is at 12w which it automatically recognizes when pod inserted, I have tried to vape it MTL but I find the mouthpiece a little on the large size for this style of vaping,

I have been using this coil for about a week and it's still going strong

At 12w the battery life is very good and would normally last the day without having to recharge it

Again got a little leakage through the coil

PROS

Large capacity pod
Bright colour screen
Good coil life
Great flavour and vapour production
Handles both 70/30 and 50/50 liquids
Small & pocket friendly
Great assortment of colours
Good selection of coils
Visable juice level
Very well priced mod, coils and spare pods

CONS

No adjustable air flow control
Small bit of leakage on both coils
Charging port on bottom of mod
Battery life at higher wattages
Auto mode is hit and miss on 0.3 coil, doesn't seem to work on 0.8 coil
Would have preferred pod with smaller mouthpiece dedicated for MTL type vaping

WOULD I BUY ONE

Yes, most definitely I am already looking at getting another and some more coils for it, great for out and about or in the car or at work, never going to replace my larger mods but alot easier to carry around very impressed with it and very well made, fully recommend it cracking little device

20191015_205717.jpeg
20191015_205656.jpeg
20191015_205734.jpeg
20191015_205623.jpeg

Good one mate. 120ml is good, and it has a 2 week Puff Tracker.
Every mod should have one. :)2

Hey @Cozy

Some help if poss? Im thinking of trying the C1 1.2 ohm coil, have u tried that yet in the vinci?
The 0.8 that come with it isnt really MTL in my opinion a tad airy so looking for a better coil option as i do love the device

Also with the 0.8 can i use 70/30 juice. I assume yes as its not totally mtl coil but wanted some advice pls lovely

Ta

Hey @Cozy

Some help if poss? Im thinking of trying the C1 1.2 ohm coil, have u tried that yet in the vinci?
The 0.8 that come with it isnt really MTL in my opinion a tad airy so looking for a better coil option as i do love the device

Also with the 0.8 can i use 70/30 juice. I assume yes as its not totally mtl coil but wanted some advice pls lovely

Ta
I used the 0.8 with 50/50 20mg nic salts, dont see why not for 70/30 juice though

According to voopoo its half DTL coil

The 1.2 is an MTL coil so it should be a bit tighter draw but the air flow is still the same on the mod, not tried them meself, got another pack of the 0.3 coils so currently going through them

https://m.voopoo.com/pnp-coils

Back
Top Bottom