What's new

What did you order today?

Youtube is full of them, the worst thing we can do is think we're doing something original, been watching a few, that's where I got the idea from :D

Seems what I'm aiming for is called a volcano. Who knew...

Just received a breadboard to practise my soldering today, then I'll be transplanting one of those College boards. also treated myself to some soldering wire with the rosen flux cores :D

If you are looking for good solder look for for silverline stuff best I've used

If you are looking for good solder look for for silverline stuff best I've used

No wonder you like it, 60% tin 40 % lead, I thought the lead stuff was banned tbh.

I picked up a 20g roll, hope it's good, but I'll be sure to have the window open...

No wonder you like it, 60% tin 40 % lead, I thought the lead stuff was banned tbh.

I picked up a 20g roll, hope it's good, but I'll be sure to have the window open...

I've tried cheap stuff well not that cheap and it just wouldn't stick to well no wonder wat i done flux and all so got told to try silverline and what a massive difference it made so much easier to work with and I think it was the 100g I got but I can't find it so can't be honestly sure if it is but all need to find it soon when I order some parts for another mod

Aye, I was becoming quite the expert at making little balls of solder as it just refused to flow.

Screenshot_20221228_172646_Chrome.jpg
just a re stock of eliquid from vaping101 because my favourite mtl juice has become increasingly rare.

As a semi-retired plumber: Lead is banned for any solder used in a system that is to carry any “potable” water - ie, any water you are likely to drink; but it’s okay to use outside of that. So I could use a leaded solder for central heating pipework, but that would mean carrying two types and remembering to change the torch temperature - too much hassle for me! Leaded solder is much easier to use though and great for fine iron work. It is (or at least was) cheaper, but the cost of lead has rocketed over the past couple of years.

As a semi-retired plumber: Lead is banned for any solder used in a system that is to carry any “potable” water - ie, any water you are likely to drink; but it’s okay to use outside of that. So I could use a leaded solder for central heating pipework, but that would mean carrying two types and remembering to change the torch temperature - too much hassle for me! Leaded solder is much easier to use though and great for fine iron work. It is (or at least was) cheaper, but the cost of lead has rocketed over the past couple of years.
Leaded makes and looks cleaner, easier to work with. I nicked a massive roll when I was at school (many years ago) and its still loads left, well life time I would say!. Don't mater how much flux you use with non leaded stuff, its crap...

Back
Top Bottom