What's new

what pre made coils?

If you're open to suggestions of complex wires Vandy sell tubs of dual 30/38 KA1 and a 7 wrap 2.5mm coil will be obove 0.9 ohms. It will be wider than a regular roundwire coil though so you may have issues if space is tight.

Out of curiosity - what is the build you have been using? and are you open to suggestions of different metals/

been using this for 10 yrs, usually 9 wraps. yea would try something different. net ry4 seems to taste better at low wattage so wondering if lower ohm coil will make any difference

415766759_24521065284175628_4534444866177769569_n.jpg

been using this for 10 yrs, usually 9 wraps. yea would try something different. net ry4 seems to taste better at low wattage so wondering if lower ohm coil will make any difference

View attachment 346324

I'm a bit stumped there as I've never vaped NETs or tobacco flavours so I'm not sure.

In general I don't worry too much if the resistance of a coil is lower because of using a lower resistance metal. I find if the coil is approximately the same size, and a suitably thin gauge for MTL is used, the coil will run at very similar power levels. What may be more of an issue is a different metal wire will produce a different flavour - it can accentuate some and dull other notes, so if you try a different metal type buy a small tub in case you think it tastes odd.

I can't help thinking you could wind lots of coils while you're waiting for the postie to deliver new pre-wound ones and have a stash of coils you know you like, but I also buy wire spools and have considered winding a batch at once, but I've just considered doing it, when it comes down to it I just wind one and put off winding a supply until 'next' time.

View attachment 346324

You will be using low wattage because your using thin wire..... I prefer 26 g SS fewer wraps more watts 14 n up, more suited to my draw style....horses for courses perhaps but hey ho, give it a try.
Thin wire for was when back in the day there was little space between the posts n all there was was 50/50...60/40 vg/pg and we all used silica wicks:)

Back
Top Bottom