What's new

What to do with valkarie?

Ta

Even more confusing is the metal is I shaped (proper capital I with horizontal top and bottom), which gives an impression that its supposed to bridge only on the horizontal.
But In reality X

Anyway you never know your posts may be helpful to others, than me, assuming someone else has a valhalla they don't know how to work and uses the search function with "valkarie" instead:2thumbsup:

Ok, You lot left me at hello.
I'd like to say how much i enjoyed reading this thread. (even though it's not my style of vaping).
Never ceases to amaze me, the knowledge, understanding, help and advise that fellow apes freely give to us all.
Guess i'll stick with my Istick 20w and Iclear 30s !

I will add to this.
Hog and 4 x p45 arrived. .3 coils not yet.

So since I am off work as its too cold to be allowed to lay bricks, I had a quick play with the 0.18 that were in.

Flmao

The flavour was nice mind, a tad warm though:flames:

In a para-series, 0.18 ohms is far too low I feel, up to you though... I hope you know what you're doing or we'll be reading about you in the paper.

To put it in perspective...

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 2.13.12 pm.png

Doesn't this give you cause for concern? Even saying it's para-series probably only reduces the amp pressure on each cell to just over 30A assuming 67% loading. The Moiicel is 35A assuming it's absolutely perfect, you're pulling so much wattage from those cells I wouldn't want you sitting next to me, that's for sure.

I had realised yes.
It got a half second buzz, knowing it was gonna blow my head off, which it did. Then binned

In truth I feel its likely 0.3 will be too low for my taste, and knowing how strong 0.18 or 0.2 was (the second time I measured it), will give me a benchmark

I am alive anyway:16:

Try 0.5 to 0.6, you can always remove a wrap, but you can't add one ;)

Tbh I hadn't thought about shortening the coil, but I am not sure how easy it, while maintaining the integrity of the coil ( no matter on cheapies but on hand built I didn't fancy it ). Gives me room for thought though

Actually I reckoned 0.4 going from what I currently do.

But I am also hoping that rather than sitting outside vaping a couple of ml at 0.1 to 0.12 over 15 or 20 minutes I will hit the couple of ml a bit quicker to the same satisfaction

Or not

I vape para-series in the 0.45 to 0.5 range - but I don't have experience of vaping any RDA over 28mm diameter. It could be because of the sheer size and larger airflow or the Valkerie/Valhalla? it could need higher power to provide the same warmth as the more compact 28mms I tend to use.

Because I don't vape series mods in the 0.25 to 0.30 range that all series designed hand built coils tend to be in I use the method @John R mentioned above and a pair of 9 wrap, 3mm i.d. 24 gauge Kanthal claptons generally end up around the 0.50 Ohm ballpark that works for me, removing a wrap would be 0.45 ish. I seldom bother removing a wrap as I'm a timid vaper lol, but it is something you could try out for minimal cost.

Maybe a better alternative for you would be trying 24 gauge (Edit - Ni80) Claptons, but I'd start with a pair of 12 wrap coils lol - there should be plenty of space for them in that massive 38/40mm? build deck, and if you find it a bit tame you can always remove a wrap or two as John suggested.

Last edited:
I am not as adventurous as maybe appears lol
Hopefully the 0.3 (the ones on the vaperz cloud site) be here tomorrow, and I will have a play, but it will be with caution at first.
If its too powerful for me I will be able to judge (hopefully) on how much to increase the resistance to, coils by scott has options that look possible in the 0.4 region for a dual build.

In the future I will probably have a go at wrapping my own coils, but at this point I know very little. And though it's fun to DIY, ideally I like either the cost to come down or the vape to get better, or both!
So master the new equipment, then venture back into the unknown

Back
Top Bottom