What's new

What type of vaper are you?

Definitely a case of accidental vaping. Had a crappy clearomiser to keep up nic while I was too ill to smoke and just stopped smoking. Now it's a hobby and a lifestyle. Don't miss fags one bit.

Happy vaping all.

I started vaping about 6-7 months ago. I was just on the point of starting to use tobacco again and a friend introduced me to vaping. We were chatting and I happened to mention that when I gave up smoking 9-10 years ago I was going to switch from roll ups to a pipe. Got just the thing for you then, an e-pipe, he said. So my first mod was the Smok Guardian II with 2 x Aspire Nautilus. The Guardian was a little awkward to conceal at work and not easily concealed in a pocket, so it was swiftly followed by and istickTC60W and UD Zephyrus and the Smok XPRO BT65 and a Velocity clone. I mix my own juice and I've just got all the kit to start making my own coils, and all thanks to the POTV and its great members.:2thumbsup:

Relatively new to vaping, only been off cigarettes for a week and a half.

I did try a aspire with nautilius mini on top about 3/4 months ago but i didn't get a hit or as much flavour as i hoped, so i stopped using it and smoked again (i must admit here, that i probably wasn't crazyily enthusiastic about quitting, i enjoy/ed smoking)

Then i was sick of stinking of smoke / spending too much on cigarettes (i'd say i was eager to quit at this point) that i decided to do a hell of a lot of research, and ventured to invest quite heavily in batteries, a 200w tank (fuchai sigeili TC) and a uwell crown plus other bits (coils etc) and many many juices (i'm quite particular).

So far, i haven't buckled but i'll be the first to tell you at certain points of the day it is HARD. At first it was every morning, every meal, when im walking to the gym, when im leaving the gym, regular "smoke" break points during the day that i felt a burning desire for a cigarette.

Those have lowered, and now i only really get the desire after meals, but once i get vaping that thought quickly diminishes.

It's been good reading the success stories here of stopping smoking, and i hope that i too progress into the "don't miss smoking one bit" category!

Happy vaping!

Hello,
I personally don't vape due to akoking but purely as an hobby, what about you? Did you start to stop smoking and you've turned it into a hobby? Or like me simply a hobbyist?
Happy vaping
Hello,
I personally don't vape due to akoking but purely as an hobby, what about you? Did you start to stop smoking and you've turned it into a hobby? Or like me simply a hobbyist?
Happy vaping
I smoked for 40 plus years ended up with an £80 a week habit and a wracking morning cough, tried patches etc but nothing worked then two and a half years ago saw one of my colleges with a (then new) e-cig ,tried one and have never smoked since,I've tried various tanks and sub ohming but I'm happiest with my modest innokin endura T18,I don't consider vaping an actual hoby I just enjoy it the way I enjoyed a fag but a lot cheaper and healthier.

A new one. Never really got into the 'cig a likes' when I tried them years ago, they didn't seem cost effective as I chain smoked them and they tasted terrible. Then saw a friend who had a Vamo and it just looked like a nice piece of kit, so I bit. Tried it for a while, didn't know much so the results weren't great.

Found smoking wasted a lot of time. As a student, I do a lot of reading and always wanting to get up for a cigarette wasted time and made me lose concentration. Now I can vape and study although have to make a conscious effort not to blow too many clouds or I lose my place for a few seconds.

I still smoke a few cigarettes a day. More social than anything else. I tend to want one, then vape and don't want one. I do occasionally, not as often as I'd like to though, enjoy a cigar.

I tend to have a tank with 3mg for when I just want to chain vape and still have a Vamo with a Nautilus, filled with 6mg for when I desire a harder hit. I've never been able to get above 6mg down me, it just hits my throat and I have to cough.

For example today, I only smoked one cigarette in the morning and have vaped the rest of the day. I've been vaping with significant reductions in my intake of cigarettes and only a few days ago noticed any side effects. Heat flushes of sorts but I've been ill, so it could have been completely unrelated.

I guess also, the fact I was smoking 20 a day left me with a nice budget for vaping supplies and gear alongside more beer money.

Last edited:
Started vaping for the same reason as everyone else and probably with the same kit as everyone else - a little ego battery with a ce4 on top. Loved the flavours so much I pack the ciggies in for good the same day.

Those little clearos on a fixed voltage battery were doing the job just fine, but my addictive personality turned it's gaze and within about 2-3 months I had a regulated mod, a couple of mechs, several RDAs and RTAs and half a dozen 18650 batteries and accompanying gear. I spent about a year subohming (wouldn't call myself a cloudchaser but my builds were usually within the 0.2 - 0.5 range) and then in the new year I had a flavour chasing epiphany and my favourite build atm is 8 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal round a 2.4mm screwdriver in a Lemo 2 coming in just shy of 1.5ohms.

I figure with the TPD coming into effect in the near future, there's no sense in getting used to stuff like temp control or subohm tanks with fancy premade coils when there's a strong possibility that the stuff that's available now won't be available after. And on the other hand, I've got about 250m of kanthal and 2 big bags of muji in the cupboard, so when life gives you lemons :P

I've had cancer twice had a tumour the size of a dinner plate removed from my upper right thigh and another removed from my ankle.But the real push for me was my two little girls and the Mrs they all suffer from asthma and me smoking around them just wasn't sitting right with me.Now I still enjoy smoking I find I still need that first fag in the morning .But a 20 pack will last me a fortnight or longer I no longer smoke in the house or my car I'm happy going out all day and just vapeing I suffer from depression so I have good and bad days.Find on shitty days I can up my nic level and calm myself down a bit .I enjoy the trying different mods tanks coils etc side of it seems there's always something else to try I'm liking squonking just now .A 1.0 ohm coil at 20 watts gives me what I need.But in saying that my hexohm is always in my jacket pocket you know just in case.I like to say to my self it's not the fags I've smoked today it's the fag I haven't. Was on 30 fags a day now it's maybe one when I'm out with my dogs in the morning.sammy.

Back
Top Bottom