What's new

What wicking material should I buy?

It’s excellent to work with and, to me, has no break-in time. It also lasts very well. Its, roughly, the same cost as many other cottons, too. Not sure it tastes any better. But the rest make it worth it, in my view.

I didn’t expect much difference but, to me, there was.
Now I wouldn’t throw away all your current cotton stock, to get this. But when you’re out. I think it’s the one to buy. Or will be for me, anyway.
If I'm still alive after depleting my ~20 year stock of labo I might pick up some more.

I used to use cotton bacon when I started, but since discovering the labo stuff I ditched all that. The labo seemed much easier to tear into consistent strips and I didn't notice much difference otherwise (apart from the price of course).

This seems to have the fluffy squishiness of cotton bacon - but with the ease of use of labo. If I were to buy vaping cotton (which tbh I prob won't again) I would choose this one.

If I'm still alive after depleting my ~20 year stock of labo I might pick up some more.

I used to use cotton bacon when I started, but since discovering the labo stuff I ditched all that. The labo seemed much easier to tear into consistent strips and I didn't notice much difference otherwise (apart from the price of course).

This seems to have the fluffy squishiness of cotton bacon - but with the ease of use of labo. If I were to buy vaping cotton (which tbh I prob won't again) I would choose this one.
I hear you. I’ve a draw full of Muji and enough no brand cotton for six months. Run out of LOBO and Cotton Gods on the bright side.
I’ll get some SLIVR when @Rob get the small screens for the DNA 60, and I order that and a board.

+ 1 for the Labo ... Reggie pointed me towards it. No difference in flavour to the Firebolt IMO. 200 pads for £6 - bargain
I think I'll have to wick thicker next time though, seems a bit thirstier on juice

Labo is great for standard coils but muji, being denser and thicker is better for mesh strips, specifically, under the mesh strip.

I started with Cotton Bacon v2 but then switched to Muji and haven't looked back. I've tried Kendo gold which to me tastes funny, and rayon early on which I still think it's a decent material for MTL tanks. But Muji beat everything as I LOVE being able to peel off what I need and Scottish roll.

I use Coton Bacon Prime for the most part , but I've been trying to find that Egyptian cotton which is a bit darker in colour and it's always out of stock

Muji £2.95 + £2.95 delivery

https://www.muji.eu/product/unbleached-cotton-pads-180-60x50mm-44798885-999?qcrt=1

Or labo puff £6 if you have prime
https://amzn.eu/d/0mP3Wmk

Both like £6 delivered

Saying that I've not bought any for years, my last pack of labo puff barely has a dent in and the muji I've had has come with orders of various things.

muji seems to be more bitty if you take the outsides of the pads off.

With labo I just cut a strip, peel it in half and use the whole thing, perfect size for 3mm coils, really not sure how the peel the outsides off thing started

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom