What's new

What wicking material should I buy?

Dazzyst

Postman
Hi All,

As I'm new to RTA I was wondering what cotton material I should buy for my coils that @Reggiec is making for me (4mm diameter, 0.3ohm).

Any advice welcomed.

Dazz

Most people will suggest Muji pads or similar as you can get a lifetime supply for a few quid. I don't like it though as I find it tastes funny.

I really like Firebolt Cotton. The shoe-lace ends make it super easy to wick, it's tasteless and there's no break in period where it tastes like sweat. Plus you can get two wicks per lace.

I used Cotton Bacon (various releases) for years, it always tasted a bit off until broken in. I find there is no taste with Labo. I guess it's another one of those things that will depend on personal preference.

If u truly want to vape for free basically muji or labo.

If u want to spend a few cents and make your life easier get some firebolt, they come in a 3.5 mm size that might work for a 4mm

If its too small u might as well get labo or muji, cut it into strips, same thing so i have heard

Cotton bacon always tastes disgusting to me, i cant get past that break in period, n for the cost i shouldnt have to

Last edited:
I used Cotton Bacon (various releases) for years, it always tasted a bit off until broken in. I find there is no taste with Labo. I guess it's another one of those things that will depend on personal preference.

Not sure I've ever used Labo. Might have to order some to try it.

I've got some Cotton Gods at the moment, which is pretty decent if a little annoying to work with (stringy).

I like the Labo pads. I get 3 wicks out of each pad for 3mm coils, so that's 600 wicks for £6.85. If you're using 4mm coils you might only get 2 wicks from each pad.

Believe it or not, slowtech generic cotton is the best ive used. But its probably just muji sent thru a shoelace machine next door in schenzen and marked up in price

I don't notice any weird taste with the labo pads, and I find them good from the first vape. The cheapness is a bonus, but mainly I find them easy to work with and tear to the right width.

The shoelace type cotton is always just a bit too tight for me and has a tendency to pull the coil out of position (they're only 28 awg kanthals). Also if I've been pulsing the coil I have to wait for it to cool down before putting the plastic coated end through.

Back
Top Bottom