Are you going to the pub

• Yes I’m all over it

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • No it’s too risky

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Hmmmmmmm.... Banana ?

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters
So seeing as they will be open I need to ask the critical question and of course the control answer is there for the nervous and or sensible people depending on your angle

my house will be a pub instead. It’s not worth the risk. Even if there’s a small chance of a second outbreak the economy will be fucked even more. I’ve been working throughout the whole (metal finishing industry) and there’s isn’t many people getting shit made atm. Beers expensive and watered down in pubs anyway

I've got mixed feelings about this. On a personal level I won't be going, but having worked pubs most of my life my heart does go out to them.
There is tremendous pressure on pubs to open by the breweries and especially pubcos (who are scum incarnate IMO) who are demanding the most ridiculous things, like buying more stock (from them obvs) even though the decision to open hadn't been made at the time, and they have only deferred their rent payments by 8 weeks and will be expecting the back pay as soon as the pubs are open again, along with normal rent payments of course. (In some cases not even open, just "Allowed to open"). What they don't seem to realise is most pubs make money one of two ways, either people on a big night out on Friday and Saturday night, or from food. Any other takings during the week are barely keeping the lights on. Even huge town centre pubs that are busy all the time have to pay more staff, so the turn over has to be huge to make any profit.
It simply won't be viable for most pubs to open with social distancing rules in place, running costs will exceed custom so its cheaper to stay shut. On top of that, I don't think its my place telling people what they can and can't do. It will be bad enough telling people they have to stay sitting at their allotted tables or policing the toilets. I think we are going to lose a lot of pubs.
And all the customers will be weekend warriors anyway, people on furlough desperate for something to do but unskilled in the art of the all-dayer.

#NoPubNoRent

further reading if you want
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...ns-pub-tenants-start-fight-rental-crisis.html

I walked past the drey man the other day on the way to the post office and had a conversation (2m apart)

he was leaning on the bed of the wagon a long line of sweat down his back mask on the bed soaked

"you look tired out" me

"knackered" man

"busy then" me

"its insane look at them I need a different career path" 20 kegs were stacked up

his colleague walked around....down in the cellar there was a lot of swearing going on

"We can't go in there not allowed" man

"oh it sounds like they're having fun" me

the draymen chuckled

"yeah ones a strip of piss but it wasn't as bad as yesterday two young girls stacked the kegs how they did it god knows"

"you can celebrate on Saturday with a pint then" me

"fuck that for a game of soldiers not a chance" man

we laughed

My OH works in the trade and her chain of pubs will still not be opening until possibly the begining of september,,with a ton of new rules using an app to order drinks will be one of them,no standing at the bar,washing hands every 20 mins ,one chef only will be allowed to use and open the oven Pubs as you used to know them dont exist anymore.

I've got mixed feelings about this. On a personal level I won't be going, but having worked pubs most of my life my heart does go out to them.
There is tremendous pressure on pubs to open by the breweries and especially pubcos (who are scum incarnate IMO) who are demanding the most ridiculous things, like buying more stock (from them obvs) even though the decision to open hadn't been made at the time, and they have only deferred their rent payments by 8 weeks and will be expecting the back pay as soon as the pubs are open again, along with normal rent payments of course. (In some cases not even open, just "Allowed to open"). What they don't seem to realise is most pubs make money one of two ways, either people on a big night out on Friday and Saturday night, or from food. Any other takings during the week are barely keeping the lights on. Even huge town centre pubs that are busy all the time have to pay more staff, so the turn over has to be huge to make any profit.
It simply won't be viable for most pubs to open with social distancing rules in place, running costs will exceed custom so its cheaper to stay shut. On top of that, I don't think its my place telling people what they can and can't do. It will be bad enough telling people they have to stay sitting at their allotted tables or policing the toilets. I think we are going to lose a lot of pubs.
And all the customers will be weekend warriors anyway, people on furlough desperate for something to do but unskilled in the art of the all-dayer.

#NoPubNoRent

further reading if you want
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...ns-pub-tenants-start-fight-rental-crisis.html
Couldn't have put it better
My local is tiny in size, and isn't opening they posted this
Screenshot_20200703-111927.png

Very sensible :2thumbsup:
Here's the top bar BC
Under normal conditions about 28 people and it's full.
I have my own grumpy old man seat reserved of course
They have tried a card machine once before, didn't work unless took it into street, as the brickwork is that thick don't get a phone signal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200703-113718.png
    Screenshot_20200703-113718.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Here's the top bar BC
Under normal conditions about 28 people and it's full.
I have my own grumpy old man seat reserved of course
They have tried a card machine once before, didn't work unless took it into street, as the brickwork is that thick don't get a phone signal.

looks like i nice little boozer :2thumbsup: wonder how many ppl they will get in under new conditions? what they going to do regards the card machine mate? hope you manage to get get your grumpy old man seat mate :D

Back
Top Bottom