Are you going to the pub

• Yes I’m all over it

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • No it’s too risky

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Hmmmmmmm.... Banana ?

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters
looks like i nice little boozer :2thumbsup: wonder how many ppl they will get in under new conditions? what they going to do regards the card machine mate? hope you manage to get get your grumpy old man seat mate :D
Deffo get my seat when I'm back out
I even get Xmas cards from the landlord addressed to Top Bar Jon.
It's 300 years old, so survived two world wars and several plagues so should be OK.
They have a small but loyal regular trade that drinks there 6 days a week. They don't open on Sundays.

Here's the top bar BC
Under normal conditions about 28 people and it's full.
I have my own grumpy old man seat reserved of course
They have tried a card machine once before, didn't work unless took it into street, as the brickwork is that thick don't get a phone signal.
Lovely looking boozer mate, wish we had that round where we live.

We have this.

1a12comp-e1493810437499.jpg

There is a more decent place up the road but it closes at..., 9pm.

Not opening here in Wales un Monday the 13th, but a no from me, think I will give it a miss for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Here's the top bar BC
Under normal conditions about 28 people and it's full.
I have my own grumpy old man seat reserved of course
They have tried a card machine once before, didn't work unless took it into street, as the brickwork is that thick don't get a phone signal.
Thats a lovely looking bar @Jon The Vape :2thumbsup:
It also really highlights the problem, there's no way on earth you could have two people behind the bar 1m apart, and that entire bit of the seating around the hatch would have to be shut off so the staff can get in and out. Its a real shame and I hope they can sort something out.

Probably lose a third of that seating even at 1mtr.
Not taking my grumpy old man seat Craig. Took me five year waiting list till one armed Fred kippered and I could get in there.
They have said when I kipper they are getting a brass plaque fitted saying grumpy Jon sat here.

My local is opening and it is business as usual. Landlord says it was government guidelines only.
They will put sanitizer on bar for customers only.
Sit where you like, stand at the bars and no crowd control.
He's mental so I'm staying away! See what happens.

My local is opening and it is business as usual. Landlord says it was government guidelines only.
They will put sanitizer on bar for customers only.
Sit where you like, stand at the bars and no crowd control.
He's mental so I'm staying away! See what happens.
Hope he realises that Licensing will be monitoring pubs to ensure compliance & have the power to revoke his/site license. And police can shut him down if there's any complaints of unruly behaviour.

Haven't been in a proper pub for years ,very much doubt that will change on Saturday .

Back
Top Bottom