Are you going to the pub

• Yes I’m all over it

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • No it’s too risky

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Hmmmmmmm.... Banana ?

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters
My local is opening and it is business as usual. Landlord says it was government guidelines only.
They will put sanitizer on bar for customers only.
Sit where you like, stand at the bars and no crowd control.
He's mental so I'm staying away! See what happens.

Sounds fine by me.
Mind you I do have a slightly different view of risk assessment to most people on POTV.
See, when the doctors in hospital said it was 50/50 whether I lived or died two years ago, followed by being to that as I am now diabetic, so get told I cant eat this, or that, having liver disease so I should not drink, my gastro consultant & my dietician saying I have to eat this & this, then the chance last year that my leg might have to be amputated, being told I may have copd.
I think fuck it, I cant have many years left to live, and I aint going to spend them miserably if I can help it. :)

Hope he realises that Licensing will be monitoring pubs to ensure compliance & have the power to revoke his/site license. And police can shut him down if there's any complaints of unruly behaviour.

Aint seen a licensing bloke in a pub round here for years, and the rozzers only turn out in force for raids on suspected drug houses........................

I am going to one of my local pubs late Saturday afternoon to meet one of my mates, and I know one of the barmaids that will be there.
The only thing I have been told is that you will have to give your name etc, but all the bar staff, and most of the early regulars know me anyway, and no barstools.
Don't think it will get to packed, or rowdy because as far as I know he has not widely advertised opening, just let most of the regulars know by text / word of mouth, and it's down a small side street. Plus it will open later than normal, so if any non regulars try the door it will look as though it's not opening.

The other pub I use regularly I don't know if he is opening, or not, so I may walk past for a nose around mid day, and if open pop in for a couple of halves.

Of the others.
One is a large pub newly built by one of the big breweries at the edge of a massive new housing estate. They are advertising being open on Saturday, but you have to telephone, and book a table. I think they are putting that bit in because it is a big gastro pub, and are hoping that if you have to ring in advance for a table they will probably book a meal as well.

Another is a hotel as well, and is doing the same.

Of the four Greene King pubs, not much detail yet apart from they are not opening till sometime next week.

The interesting one to see what happens is the Wetherspoons in the town centre.
That had only been open for 12 to 18 months, is fairly spacious, and of course they have had their own table ordering app for ages.
But the interesting thing about the one in my town is will they have any staff to open up, as when they closed back in March they sacked all the staff.............

To all going down the pub today/weekend - Bottoms Up...

BUttbeer.jpg

Rumours are price hikes, even at spoons, what price for a pint is high enough, or too much? For me, £4 max.

Many, many years ago in one of the pubs down the town there was a stool in the corner of the bar, up against the wall between the public, and lounge bars.
Most nights of the week an old guy call E**** would come in, very well dressed, dark blue suit, and a trilby hat, and in the winter a black overcoat, been going in there for donkeys years.
He would always sit on the bar stool in the corner, if someone else was sitting in it when he came in they would get off so he could sit on it, lovely guy, I used to chat to him some nights.
Before he sat down he would hang his hat on a peg on the wall next to the stool, and in the winter his overcoat as well, he would then have two, or three pints, and then go home.
One year the brewery shut the pub for two weeks for a refurb, including knocking down the wall between the two bars, that took the coat peg away, but left a couple of uprights supporting the roof beam (the pub was about 300 years old).
The first night it reopened E**** came in dead on his usual time, looked at the missing wall, kept his coat on, only had one pint, and buggered off again, obviously not impressed.
Next night he was back, this time he ordered a pint, and as the landlord poured it he took a hammer out of his pocket, banged a four inch nail into the wooden upright, hung his hat on the the nail, and sat on his stool.
Landlord never said a word. :)
Love it, could only happen in Britain.

Not interested until life is back to normal tbh

Rumours are price hikes, even at spoons, what price for a pint is high enough, or too much? For me, £4 max.

It was £4+ in my town before the lockdown.
I think it is inevitable that the price will go up substantially, if you can only fit in half the customers you have to charge more, or go bust,
The ones that will be affected most are the smaller free houses that do not serve food.
Or in other words the traditional English Pub, I fear it is probably the end of the pub as we know it.

Back
Top Bottom