What's new

Would you vape on a bus?

late at night on the night bus back from brighton yes ive vaped & why not everybody else is either puking everywhere or eating a kebab or some other fast food that stinks to high heaven, how ever i would not vape on the bus during the day.

Absolutely agree. Unfortunately the lack of common sense makes policy needed... Surely 10 goons at full blast inside a bus, or 3inside a taxi are a considerable risk? Perhaps the traffic regulations needs to cover obstructing view rather than smoke or vape?

I've become more and more self conscious of vaping in sidewalks or queuing outside and similar situations. Don't know why. No one ever confronted me. But I have. .

It already does. If you're driving in a vapour filled car and it obstructs your vision. That's driving without due care and attention

MTL yes especially with the people I have to put up with on my route. It would be no stronger smell than the dude with the big bag of skunk rolling a bifter or the woman with 3 screaming brats and a can of kestrel super strength slopping about.

Last time I used buses with any regularity you were allowed to smoke on them (at the back) ... so, I don't know really.

It already does. If you're driving in a vapour filled car and it obstructs your vision. That's driving without due care and attention
Fair point. But same goes for blowing MASSIVE clouds inside a bus that you are not driving. I k ow and take folks view that it's down to common sense but officials when rethinking policy will have to take it into consideration. I find it very interesting as a discussion point.

MTL yes especially with the people I have to put up with on my route. It would be no stronger smell than the dude with the big bag of skunk rolling a bifter or the woman with 3 screaming brats and a can of kestrel super strength slopping about.
I have an issue with comparing it with other antisocial behaviours (if indeed it is one). If we want fair and proportional regulations we should aim at being better than that and not compare ourselves to smokers and other unpleasant smells ;)

Last time I used buses with any regularity you were allowed to smoke on them (at the back) ... so, I don't know really.
Alright pops. Back to the nursing home. Pointless is on. :D

I dont go on buses anymore but if i did i would not vape as i sub ohm only and it would not be fair to others on the bus............

There is no way vaping is going to become a thing that is allowed on buses and nor should it, right or wrong it would just piss people off.

If the report encourages more areas where vaping is allowed at stations and airports and other public areas than that is all we can reasonably hope for.

There is a problem with those that can not or will not moderate their clouds in public spaces though. It does not take that many cloudy vapers to fog out a large area. It would be good to see large works canteens setting aside an area for vapers, likewise pubs etc. However some vapers will take that permission to vape as permission to vape however they like rather than permission to vape considerately. I do not see an easy way to resolve this problem.

There is no way vaping is going to become a thing that is allowed on buses and nor should it, right or wrong it would just piss people off.

If the report encourages more areas where vaping is allowed at stations and airports and other public areas than that is all we can reasonably hope for.

There is a problem with those that can not or will not moderate their clouds in public spaces though. It does not take that many cloudy vapers to fog out a large area. It would be good to see large works canteens setting aside an area for vapers, likewise pubs etc. However some vapers will take that permission to vape as permission to vape however they like rather than permission to vape considerately. I do not see an easy way to resolve this problem.
Definitely. Problem being that a cigarette always puts out the samish amount of smoke. There's too many ways to vape to legislate with one broad approach. And it would be impossible to specify too much. Like vaping allowed above 1.00ohm. I thinks some relaxation is welcome but I don't think I would endorse it to the extent it's reported in the article on the OP. But then again, bbc have been known for overstating facts every now and then?

But everybody smoked back then and nobody minded. Smoke on the bus to the cinema, then smoke in the cinema, then go for a meal or a drink and smoke there too.

Those days are long gone and the fact of the matter is that most people do not smoke or vape these days and many of them do not want to be exposed to our fumes.

I don't use busses much these days but if I did I wouldn't vape on them, same with trains really. It may give the wrong impression about vaping to that resilient smoker that gets put off by clouds.

Not everyone will feel the same but I feel that when I'm out and about, conservative is the best way to promote vaping and get people off the cigs for good.

That having been said....when I'm at home or at a mates who vapes....DAAAANK CLOUDS :D

Back
Top Bottom