What's new

MTL YFTK Kayfun X

Netvaper

Achiever
I fancied trying a Kayfun X but not at the price it sells for so I bought this 4ml clone version for the princely sum of £27 delivered from AliExpress and this is what I made of it after using for a little while.

Apart from the YFTK sticker on the box it is shamelessly impersonating the real thing even down to the branding etc on the base of the atty. Anyway the box contains the rta, spare o-rings and deck screws and a tiny blue Philips screwdriver that does fit, no user manual is included but you can download one from Svoe Mesto. It all comes to bits and back together again easily. Obviously the build quality isn’t going to match the original but it feels solid and well made though the base threading isn’t the smoothest and the slide fill has a fair bit of play in it when opened. Whether the latter is a common issue or just the one I got who knows, how well it will stand up to use over time remains to be seen.

To access the build deck flip it upside down and the unscrew the tank section, the deck is tiny and a Philips 00 driver fits the opposite facing post screws which are tall enough to slot the coil legs directly under. The small juice wells need more cotton than you’d think, or at least than I did, and it took me a few goes to get it right so it didn’t leak. Filling is a two stage affair, first lift the base to close the juice flow and then lift the top and slide it back. The kidney shaped filling hole is too narrow for the 60ml shortfill bottle tip I had so it’s much easier to use a 10ml bottle or a needle tip, it’s also very hard to see when it’s full due to the top metal collar. That said if you take your time and fill it slowly you should be ok. After filling close the slide top and push the top down but make sure the juice flow remains closed otherwise it will leak, then push the base down to open the juice flow. The juice flow control has a resounding click when you open and close it. You can rotate the atty when the juice flow is closed to change which way the X faces and the slide fill opens so you won’t have a problem with it on a SBS mod. To remove it from a mod make sure you grip the air holes base section and not the tank body when unscrewing.

The slot head Aerokon pin fits snugly and it’s easy to make fine adjustments to get exactly the draw you want it, I’ve had no leaking from it. To adjust it you have to remove the tank but once you’ve got it how you like it you’ll likely leave as is. I did notice if you unscrew it too far the ohm reading on the Mixx I had it on dropped significantly but it wasn’t an issue with the draw I use.

As to how does it vape I found the draw smooth and quiet and it delivers very nice flavour that is quite intense. The metal drip is comfy and doesn’t get hot but you can easily swap it out if isn’t for you. My only real issue with it so far is filling it but all in all for the price I’ve no complaints.

IMG20230324112915[1].jpg IMG20230324112958[1].jpg IMG20230324113111[1].jpgIMG20230324113256[1].jpg

Firstly, cheers for the excellent review. My clone Kf X is most satisfying and does compare favorably to my authentic Lite Plus, especially when using the mtl pro airflow pin. And all Kayfuns need more cotton than you would think :D

My KF X clone had a loose sliding top cap (only when open - it was fine when closed). I found that it could be tightened as the top assembly screws together - if you remove the drip tip and twist the raised part of the cap the drip tip slots into clockwise it can be tightened. I did mine by hand and it did remove a lot of the slack - it still can wiggle a little when fully open but not enough to cause any concern.

My KF X clone had a loose sliding top cap (only when open - it was fine when closed). I found that it could be tightened as the top assembly screws together - if you remove the drip tip and twist the raised part of the cap the drip tip slots into clockwise it can be tightened. I did mine by hand and it did remove a lot of the slack - it still can wiggle a little when fully open but not enough to cause any concern.

I noticed that when I took it to bits to clean. It was loose before and still is after so didn't work on this one. Is yours a YFTK or another?

I noticed that when I took it to bits to clean. It was loose before and still is after so didn't work on this one. Is yours a YFTK or another?
Try lifting the juice-fill locking ring and then you should be able to screw tight the piece on top for the drip-tip. It’s the same on both the authentic and the clones, I was recommended a YouTube video in Russian on disassembly :D

Try lifting the juice-fill locking ring and then you should be able to screw tight the piece on top for the drip-tip. It’s the same on both the authentic and the clones, I was recommended a YouTube video in Russian on disassembly :D

Thanks, tried that but no difference alas, maybe the threading is too shallow. There are more than enough parts to it without having to cope with Russian. :D

If only I could pop the top slide fill mechanism from my Nautilus 3 on it with its nice wide filling hole.

Mine is a mystery Fastech clone, I don't know the manufacturer but it definitely isn't YFTK.

To tighten mine I slid the top cap open before tightening. There is still some slack but not as bad as before, and only when fully open - it did irritate me a little at first but as I have several stock coil tanks with sliding top fill caps that are worse but don't leak I decided I could live with it and didn't resort to using pliers as there is no movement whatsoever between half and fully closed.

If you have problem with leaking while filling @Netvaper please watch this vid he explains everything :)
And thanks for the review I keep my eye on this rta

I never had leaking when filling and I think I've got the wicking right now as no leaks there, well at least until the next time it leaks.

Back
Top Bottom