What's new

You were right

The different numbers in the Ni40, Ni60 & Ni80 are related to purity as they are Ni/Fe mix.
Not going to run your nose in it but glad that you're beginning to see some sense.
Single stack the mod, 5/6 wraps of Ni80, 24-26g will sing on that mod & Drop. Flat Ni80/Brochrome will give you more surface area for the same guage hence it's popularity especially on mech mods.

Nope, no told you so's I'm just glad you didn't learn the hardest lesson the hard way. Welcome to the forum (again)
I'm of the same opinion above, stick to a single tube for now, there's really no need to lug around a huge stacked device when a single tube can work just as well for flavour and vapour production. Vtc5 or 25r are good batteries, mooch rated the 30q as just below the 25r.ive been using the ni60 (cotton bacon comp wire) for a while but I'm about to order the brochrome myself.

Well, at least no real harm was done.

Last edited:
Agree with the 2 posts above, for me the main point of my mech mods is portability and you will get a good vape off of a single battery. If you have the kanthal wire you should be able to get a good coil from it that will please you and if you don't stack you'll have the spare battery that you can carry with you in a case so no rush to buy more of anything now.

For me, the main point of mechs is for the eliquid, as the battery drains the vape becomes cooler and different parts of the eliquid flavour start to become more pronounced. That was the biggest thing for me when I switched from regulated. Hadn't even considered dialling one of those down to experiment.

Ive ordered some samsung 30Qs, theyre almost in league with the VTC6s but according to Mooch they hold up much better after 200 discharges.

I enjoy the weighty feel of the stacked mod, outside of performance I just enjoy holding this big copper baton lol I know its silly but it's just my personal opinion.

I think that I will unmarry 1 of my sets of LG HB6 batts and try some builds on the single tube of the mech though as the series hasnt had functionally pleasing results as of yet with the 3 builds I've tried.

The different numbers in the Ni40, Ni60 & Ni80 are related to purity as they are Ni/Fe mix.
Not going to run your nose in it but glad that you're beginning to see some sense.
Single stack the mod, 5/6 wraps of Ni80, 24-26g will sing on that mod & Drop. Flat Ni80/Brochrome will give you more surface area for the same guage hence it's popularity especially on mech mods.
5-6 wraps dual coil or single? What ohm range should I aim for with my fuaed clapton nichrome, I think Ill be ordering some brochrome today.

Possibly too cool for you but we all like different things :D

Back
Top Bottom