What's new

You were right

It's easier to strip a wrap out than add one in ;)

5-6 wraps dual coil or single? What ohm range should I aim for with my fuaed clapton nichrome, I think Ill be ordering some brochrome today.
Not on PC but you can check on Steamengine (which of course you are already using ). Use the wire wizard to play with different options & battery drain tab to see how close you are to losing your teeth[emoji23][emoji23]

@Subohmoctopus have you seen these? Could be a good one to ease you in to the way of it. :P :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Think im gonna install my 2mm micro fused clapton Nichrome coils on a single battery mech. Wish my luck, lol. They ohm around 0.18 - 0.2 ohms last i checked

Just check one mo time before you screw it into the tube :D
Dont worry bud im paranoid as hell, lol. I read ohms after firing on ohm meter, then check on reg mod, then after wicking ohm meter and another fire on reg mod. Yesterday I didnt take my eye off my mech mod a single time once the batteries were in it and when I went to sleep took the batts out just incase.

If you want cheaper batteries go for Samsung 25r - I used to run them all the time in series boxes and they are fine though sag a bit more than Sony vtc5a.

As for series builds, try 12 wraps of 24awg ni80 with 3mm id dual coils - should come out around 0.4.
0.4 is fairly rowdy on a series build with fresh batteries and pulls 21 amps - I know 25r are rated by mooch at 20 amp but I've never had any bother across various series devices using them. Plus you can buy them much cheaper than the Sonys meaning you can buy more of them ;)

Brochrome, there's not a better flat wire out there, and you get 10 metres for not much more than the price of the posh rebranded stuff, which normally comes in 3 metre lengths.

Back
Top Bottom