What's new

Griffin 25 - very minor leaking?

holyjuice

Postman
So I got a Griffin 25 (25mm) a couple of days ago and it's a great tank - really happy with it.

However, there seems to be a minor leaking issue just above the bottom air flows - isn't actually coming out of the air flows but occasionally seeps a tiny bit out of the moving part just above the air flows.

Anyone else own this tank and had the same issue? If so, how did you fix it?

I own the Griffin mate and it can leak, but what sorted for me (after some reading of the web) was change all the O rings on the bottom and top where the glass sits, the standard fitted clear O rings are pretty crap.

Not the best video out there but will give you a quick heads up:
Ignore the double O ringing part, just replace.

I don't really know about the 25 but the 25 Plus leaks mainly because of wicking being wrong and/or the cap with the top airflow being on it.

As said above, missing or poor O rings are mostly the case of the parts leaking

Hopefully this will help

I own the Griffin mate and it can leak, but what sorted for me (after some reading of the web) was change all the O rings on the bottom and top where the glass sits, the standard fitted clear O rings are pretty crap.

Not the best video out there but will give you a quick heads up:
Ignore the double O ringing part, just replace.

Yep, already changed the o rings and also doubled the o ring at the top (couldn't get the bottom o ring to sit whilst a smaller one was beneath it)

I don't really know about the 25 but the 25 Plus leaks mainly because of wicking being wrong and/or the cap with the top airflow being on it.

As said above, missing or poor O rings are mostly the case of the parts leaking

Hopefully this will help

I really don't think it's a wicking issue, if it was surely it would be coming out of the air flow and not the seal above it?

Yep, already changed the o rings and also doubled the o ring at the top (couldn't get the bottom o ring to sit whilst a smaller one was beneath it)

I really don't think it's a wicking issue, if it was surely it would be coming out of the air flow and not the seal above it?

My bad - I misread your original post slightly.

If it's only the glass then it could only really be the O rings but since you've changed them I'm just as stumped as yourself

I to like Sponge are now baffled mate, but there some good brains in this forum, they may have the answer.

It's very, very minor and only seems to happen once in a while. Maybe I'm doing something when I close off the juice flow and open it again?

Just try closing the juice flow off when filling, then when you screw the Griffin up turn it upside down and open the juice flow (while upside down) then attach to mod,and see if that may help mate.

Just try closing the juice flow off when filling, then when you screw the Griffin up turn it upside down and open the juice flow (while upside down) then attach to mod,and see if that may help mate.

I do close off the juice flow and bottom air flow when filling :) I meant maybe I'm unscrewing something unintentionally whilst opening/closing the juice flow?

Back
Top Bottom