What's new

New DIY'er Looking for any Tips and advice

I don't to claim I understand the law on import shit as I know nothing about about it but my pal ordered a 250ml bottle of nic salt base from the States in 72mg had it delivered 3 weeks ago and paid duty on it so surly it can't be illegal?

Taken from here. http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/vaped/how-will-the-tpd-affect-diy-juicers/

May have changed as this was published 19 months ago.

"""""Many might be thinking, well, e-liquid and nicotine will be available from outside the EU at higher strengths and in larger bottles, and they will be right. But, there will be associated risks with this as you won’t know who, where or how it was mixed… (Granny’s back garden… eye of toad and tail of newt etc.), plus, it can’t be legally imported. If you import it, you will be breaking the law."""""

@Badboybez if it's illegal to buy 72mg nic in this country how are the juice manufacturers buying it. It's also illegal to sell tanks bigger than 2mm but doesn't stop you buying from China.

As far as I'm aware and happy to be corrected it is illegal to import to the uk nic in strengths over .20mg but as far as I'm aware is is not a criminal offense to purchase it.
It is illegal to sell nic higher in strength than .20mg within the EU.

I am aware we (UK) have not officially left the EU but realistically would they still bother to attempt to prosecute in the UK for an EU ruling given we (the uk) have voted to opt out from their rules and guidances and if the uk law decided to prosecute I personall believe they would not gain a successful prosecution if challenged.

PS....
Opinions are to be challenged and I

View attachment 138468

It's not illegal to import it, even if it is over 20mg.
The only thing you have to make sure of is that you don't accidentally order the 100mg strength, that would be impounded by customs, as you can only buy that if you are on the Poisons Register.

I don't to claim I understand the law on import shit as I know nothing about about it but my pal ordered a 250ml bottle of nic salt base from the States in 72mg had it delivered 3 weeks ago and paid duty on it so surly it can't be illegal?

Hi matty2010,

That's handy, I don't suppose you know what his import fees were do you ?
My 500ml shipment has just left Los Angeles.

Regards badboybez

@Badboybez if it's illegal to buy 72mg nic in this country how are the juice manufacturers buying it. It's also illegal to sell tanks bigger than 2mm but doesn't stop you buying from China.

This thread has surprised me by how little people know / understand the TPD / TRPR regulations.

As far as the UK / EU is concerned it is against the regulations to sell nicotine stronger than 20mg, and even that can only be sold in a maximum bottle size of 10ml.
However companies buying wholesale are exempt from these regulations, that's why the juice companies can still buy it, in whatever strength, and amount they like.

The fact that you can buy a tank from China is an example of how the rules work.
In the case of the nicotine that I am waiting on being delivered from the US the scenario is.
It is not against any regulation (either UK, or US) for a supplier there to sell me nicotine.
It is not against the UK law for me to buy nicotine, only for a vendor in the UK to sell it to me.
Customs will not stop importation, as long as it is a maximum strength of 72mg, and I pay the import duty when asked for it.

It costs more, and takes about 3 weeks to arrive, but it is completely within current laws of both the UK and the USA.
No breaking the law, no bending the truth (not for human consumption etc)

Regarding tanks, it's a bit more of a grey area.
A while ago I bought a large 10ml tank from Hong Kong, it arrived no problem, not even a request for import duty payment.
However a friend of mine tried the same thing, and his order was impounded by customs, the problem was he ordered five of the same tank, customs took the view that they were not for personal use, but were destined to be resold here, so breaking the regulations.
The Chinese manufacturers also realise that they are in a sticky situation, that's why some tanks are sold as TPD compliant (only hold 2ml) but have a thick rubber bung in the top of the tank, siply remove it, and the tank can now hold 4ml....................................

I know/understand the legal restrictions on nic purchase in the UK/EU so don't need you to tell me. Also I know how a juice manufacturer buys their nic so again don't need you to tell me. The question was rhetorical as you seemed intent on being correct every time.
If I want to buy nic here I know I can regardless of the law & the only person breaking any law would be the seller.
As has already been pointed out to you technically you're not wrong but instead of helping fellow vapours you seem intent on thwarting them when a dubious question is asked.
Victor Meldrew sprins to mind when I see your posts, cantakerous old git who is always right even when he's wrong.

Not sure @Badboybez but I'll find out I'm seeing the kid Tuesday so I'll pm you as soon as I know [emoji5]

Hi matty2010,

Thanks for that.
It would be nice to know in advance, rather than shocked when the bill arrives !
Most of the stuff I have bought from the US so far has been below the duty threshold.

Thanks again badboybez

I know/understand the legal restrictions on nic purchase in the UK/EU so don't need you to tell me. Also I know how a juice manufacturer buys their nic so again don't need you to tell me. The question was rhetorical as you seemed intent on being correct every time.
If I want to buy nic here I know I can regardless of the law & the only person breaking any law would be the seller.
As has already been pointed out to you technically you're not wrong but instead of helping fellow vapours you seem intent on thwarting them when a dubious question is asked.
Victor Meldrew sprins to mind when I see your posts, cantakerous old git who is always right even when he's wrong.

I know/understand the legal restrictions on nic purchase in the UK/EU so don't need you to tell me. Also I know how a juice manufacturer buys their nic so again don't need you to tell me.
So why the bloody hell ask if you knew already !!!
What a time wasting twat you are, have you not got anything more constructive to do on a Sunday ???

The question was rhetorical.
Sorry but that does not work in your context.
A rhetorical question is a question that you ask without expecting an answer. The question might be one that does not have an answer. It might also be one that has an obvious answer but you have asked the question to make a point, to persuade or for literary effect.
Well you got an answer, so that's null and void.
The question did have an answer, factual based on law, so that's also null and void.
To persuade ? well the only thing you have persuaded me is that you are a time wasting twat, so that may be correct ...............

Again wrong, read the thread properly instead of skimming, and making knee jerk comments.
The moment you press the buy button / pay any money you have entered into a contract with the vendor.
So if you and the vendor are both aware that you will be using the product for vaping then you are involved in the offence of Conspiracy to commit a crime.
If you don't tell the vendor that you intend to use it to produce vaping liquids the you are involved in a fraud operation.
Sorry no getting out of it, as in I bought it, its the sellers problem !!!

Well talk about rhetorical, you have answered your own question, I am technically correct.
Helping fellow vapers, well I answered the OP question correctly (or would you dispute that as well ?)
Aside from that I have "helped" about 15 vapours today, and received several like, and thanks.
Could have helped a few more if my time was not taken up by dealing with your crap.......

Well, I have been called Victor by some of my friends before, also Del Boy, The Legend, Badboybez, Grumpy old git, and many more, I love them.
But seriously if I make you feel that way it's simple, put me on your ignore list ;-)
Or just don't get the urge to push the reply button................
See, life is simples if you don't complicate it.

Pity there isn't a time wasting twat filter on the site though.................

Enjoy the rest of Sunday, I'm off to plaster the new kitchen wall now.

Regards badboybez aka victor

So it's big & clever to call people "twat" because they don't agree with your way of thinking. Think you rather put your foot in it by lowering yourself to such levels, but hey whatever rocks your boat.
As you seem so in love with the ignore button, use it & then you wont have to read posts that don't meet your criteria.
As you have had to resort to name calling like a child I shall leave you to your vitriol & chalk this up to experience.
Oh and by the way using yellow txt to highlight your argument is also somewhat childish.
If you didn't bang your head in frustration on said kitchen wall because somebody didn't agree with you you wouldn't need to replaster it.

And as for "time wasting twat filter" use the fucking ignore button instead of being an argumentative ass :yourewelcome:

Back
Top Bottom