What's new

nautilus x coil change

ktidsco

Hi

New vaper looking for some advice.

I don't know if i'm being stupid but the coil in my nautilus x tank needs changed but it's current half full. Do I need to vape until empty or can I change it with liquid still in (I don't think this can be right)?

If I need to wait until its empty, how do I make sure it's completely empty before changing the coil?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

You'll need to either vape it as low as you can and then pour away the last dregs of juice, or if it really needs changing immediately you need to pour away whatever juice is in there.

To change the coil you need to unscrew the top. This allows access to the coil, but there is very little space around the coil, between the coil and the glass, to grip the coil, so I always used to push the coil down inside the glass, separating the bottom section and coil from the glass.

Then unscrew the coil, give everything a wipe (including the recess which the coil sits in) and screw in a new coil.

Drip a few drops of juice onto the cotton that is exposed through the wicking holes on either side of the coil, then push the glass onto the bottom section. Fill up with juice and screw the top back on.

You'll need to either vape it as low as you can and then pour away the last dregs of juice, or if it really needs changing immediately you need to pour away whatever juice is in there.

To change the coil you need to unscrew the top. This allows access to the coil, but there is very little space around the coil, between the coil and the glass, to grip the coil, so I always used to push the coil down inside the glass, separating the bottom section and coil from the glass.

Then unscrew the coil, give everything a wipe (including the recess which the coil sits in) and screw in a new coil.

Drip a few drops of juice onto the cotton that is exposed through the wicking holes on either side of the coil, then push the glass onto the bottom section. Fill up with juice and screw the top back on.

Thanks speedfreak - useful advice. I just tipped the liquid out. Seemed the easiest way.

Get a little syringe for future use to save wasting juice. Unless you’re not bothered about it.
Glad you’re sorted.

Are you sure bud. I've a couple of the nauty x 's for back up and Mrs kid uses a pocket x occasionally which is basically the x with a battery attached and the tank is sealed at the bottom so you can change the coil with liquid in the tank.

Are you sure bud. I've a couple of the nauty x 's for back up and Mrs kid uses a pocket x occasionally which is basically the x with a battery attached and the tank is sealed at the bottom so you can change the coil with liquid in the tank.
Well, you can, but I worry about residue under the coil. Also, it can be difficult to grip the coil without dislodging the glass from the base and thus dumping the contents.

I've managed this, but only with the chimney and extension glass fitted. The chimney gives you something to grip on to: the trick is making sure the coil and chimney are both firmly screwed in to the base so they don't loosen when you take the cap off. Gets messy otherwise :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom