What's new

Vape Tax.. we all knew it was coming

This seems likely to me...

And I would guess that the ones that will be able to get away with it are companies like FlavourArt, but would have to remove any mention of vapes etc, in order to circumnavigate the law, and rely on previous custom/those in the know.
Also, they would need to get round any type of flavour restriction that's gonna be inflicted...

Maybe it would be enough if whatever bottle for sale didn't have any mention of vapes.. who really knows yet...

And then we get back to the danger of anyone getting flavouring that is not suitable for vaping, and hazardous...

flavour art already have a website that sells concentrates for use in the kitchen.

If they (whatever authority) classed the VG in the vape store as being a vape product, take them to court, and penalise either the retailer or manufacturer (or both) for selling a product without the duty being paid...
(if they suspect that the duty hasn't been paid)

I don't think the gov actually realise that there is a DIY category tbh. Shortfils nicshots and 10ml juices is all they covered.

i mostly use out of date ones, incidentally. but there is really no need to hoard them, they will be as easily available as they are now, for adding to cakes etc.
I must admit my 'in date' paranoia stems from not paying attention to dates on nic shots - I bought a supply of juice, added nic, left to steep and ended up with almost half a litre of peppery, un-vapeable top shelf shortfills.

I've vaped outdated juice on several occasions that was fine as long as I added nic that hadn't gone off so I wouldn't have a problem with flavours being out of date - but I've found they can fade with age so adjustment of amounts may be necessary - unfortunately I don't have the experience to tweak recipes so I'd be a lot more comfortable mixing in date stuff.

They do; read the consultation -

This bit?

1710017338176.png

They then go on to say that anyone that manufactures vaping products have to register with HMRC to pay duty. It's farcical.

I must admit my 'in date' paranoia stems from not paying attention to dates on nic shots - I bought a supply of juice, added nic, left to steep and ended up with almost half a litre of peppery, un-vapeable top shelf shortfills.

I've vaped outdated juice on several occasions that was fine as long as I added nic that hadn't gone off so I wouldn't have a problem with flavours being out of date - but I've found they can fade with age so adjustment of amounts may be necessary - unfortunately I don't have the experience to tweak recipes so I'd be a lot more comfortable mixing in date stuff.

i mixed up a couple of 60mls of concentrates that are six years past their sell by date. seems fine, just the same as i remember it :)

i mixed up a couple of 60mls of concentrates that are six years past their sell by date. seems fine, just the same as i remember it :)

Best before date on juice is a legal requirement. I’ve been told, on good authority, it’s nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom