What's new

Lipos revisited

But at the moment I've only got 1 cell running in my 60w mod. The Single cell mod pulls twice the amperage than the 2s pack will pull.

When I tested the 100watt version it was putting out about the same volts as 50watt until it went past 50watts.

But at the moment I've only got 1 cell running in my 60w mod. The Single cell mod pulls twice the amperage than the 2s pack will pull.

Think youre right Seedy. I forgot it was halving the amps.

Then you should be able to use a high mah battery with less amps 6.4v at 100watts = 16 amps

My experience of lipo's is....

As you double the voltage the drawn current halves, so in theory the 1000 mah at 7.4V 50 watts should last the same as the 2000 mah at 3.7V 50 watts. In my various boxes, I have a 3.7V 4000 mah pack that lasts upwards of 30 hours on a 0.34 ohm build. When I altered this to 7.4V at 2000 mah, the atty was a royal pita to get the coils to light evenly and still vape well as winding 0.5mm kanthal to get a 3 ohm coil required about 15 turns which I struggled to fit in the Zenith or Mephisto, which gave me my dual coil resistance of 1.5 ohms(ish) My only other wire was either twisted 0.25 or strands of 0.3mm . My experiments finally resulted in 3 pieces of the 0.25 twisted together gave me 12 turn coils of 1 ohm total(dual)which produced good tasty vaping. The downside was the 2000 mah packs weren't man enough to fire this much metal quick enough(sorted by hitting fire as I lifted the mod to take a vape)and the longer fires reduced the run time so much, I wasn't keen to venture out with that mod incase the cells expired whilst out.

I then ordered some larger capacity lipo's with 2200 mah, these are bloody fantastic though a pita to find enclosures for.

Thanks fella. That makes me very happy. This means I can have a smaller 100w mod than using dual 18650s ;-)
Time to get the tools out for me. I think a new wood mod is in order. I still need to find a budget lipo charger though. Any recommendations on the cheap for something safe?

My experience of lipo's is....

As you double the voltage the drawn current halves, so in theory the 1000 mah at 7.4V 50 watts should last the same as the 2000 mah at 3.7V 50 watts. In my various boxes, I have a 3.7V 4000 mah pack that lasts upwards of 30 hours on a 0.34 ohm build. When I altered this to 7.4V at 2000 mah, the atty was a royal pita to get the coils to light evenly and still vape well as winding 0.5mm kanthal to get a 3 ohm coil required about 15 turns which I struggled to fit in the Zenith or Mephisto, which gave me my dual coil resistance of 1.5 ohms(ish) My only other wire was either twisted 0.25 or strands of 0.3mm . My experiments finally resulted in 3 pieces of the 0.25 twisted together gave me 12 turn coils of 1 ohm total(dual)which produced good tasty vaping. The downside was the 2000 mah packs weren't man enough to fire this much metal quick enough(sorted by hitting fire as I lifted the mod to take a vape)and the longer fires reduced the run time so much, I wasn't keen to venture out with that mod incase the cells expired whilst out.

I then ordered some larger capacity lipo's with 2200 mah, these are bloody fantastic though a pita to find enclosures for.
Cheers Adam. I'm just going for a 2s 1500mah pack as I only use 18w most of the time. This cell should last me a day judging by the fact that I use 2 3.7v 2500mah cells a day currently.
My main aim is to get something pocket friendly that I will occasionally show off with at high wattage. Mostly for my all day device though.
Didn't you say about an eBay jobby balance charger the other day? Got a link for me?

Yes, but as usual it's on the PC and I'm using the tablet. I'll fire up the PC in about 10 mins though. If you type lipo charger in ebays search, it should find you a selection. Mines able to charge upto 6S I believe(need stop doing the " man " thing and actually read the bloody instruction book) :rofl:

Yes, but as usual it's on the PC and I'm using the tablet. I'll fire up the PC in about 10 mins though. If you type lipo charger in ebays search, it should find you a selection. Mines able to charge upto 6S I believe(need stop doing the " man " thing and actually read the bloody instruction book) :rofl:
Imax £14 jobby?

wish the dust had settled on this thread before I dived in feet first on a wing and a prayer today, got to start somewhere though I guess, which 2500mah batteries were you using in your dual 18650? Seedy as my norm will be between 16-20watts with the occasional daft too.

got allot to learn here but sucking it up.

wish the dust had settled on this thread before I dived in feet first on a wing and a prayer today, got to start somewhere though I guess, which 2500mah batteries were you using in your dual 18650? Seedy as my norm will be between 16-20watts with the occasional daft too.

got allot to learn here but sucking it up.
Ain't we all fella. I'm learning all the time and have a long way to go.
I've got purple efests in mine but just bought some xtar ones from a trusted source on eBay. Apparently they are wrapped vtc4.

Back
Top Bottom