What's new

1th.

philTBA

Achiever
Well that was easy.
I smoked most of my adult life, started smoking 'properly' when I was 18, and like most, on ready mades. I switched to rollies around 3 years later, mainly due to getting through a 20 pack of B&H while I was at work, (9 - 5.30) then buyin another pack on the way home, and the fact that the ashtray was getting more of them than I was smoking. Just like everyone else who smokes, I was addicted to nicotine, but, I enjoyed smoking, so never wanted to give up and never had any intention to try ! The tag end of 2014 seen some shit hit the fan. Well, when I say 'some', that was in fact, industrial quantities of shit, hitting a fan attached to one of Boeing's finest commercial jet engines ! Some major changes occurred, and what was clearly during a momentary lapse of reason, in the middle of that, I decided to stop smoking. This WASN'T a New Years resolution, I've never made NYRs ! I just decided to stop smoking, I STILL don't know why I decided to stop !
This is my oneth anniversary. A year off roll ups, the first time in 35 years I haven't smoked. Not once in that year have I missed them, or had any cravings. Apart from one morning, around the 6 month mark I rolled a cig, (there'd been some tobacco left in the tin) smoked it and then done the same again as soon as I stubbed the first one out. I hadn't even been thinking about smoking. Oddly, there was no light head, they didn't taste foul, it was like I hadn't stopped and they where just 2 smokes in a 'normal' days smoking. Then I lifted my vape, and carried on like it hadn't happen, haven't even thought about a cig since.
I started with one of these, as soon as it was was ready to go I stopped smoking outright, no cuttin down first, I just stopped.

I quickly started upgrading batteries, Spinners initially, due to the thing bein so bloody small I could barely use the fire button ! Within the first month I'd started using pro tanks. Not long after that I had my first box mod, an MPV30. I skipped aero tanks, I'd ordered a couple, but due to faults, I'd got my first Kanger subtank before I got a working aero tank. I'd also went from 12mg nic down to 3mg. That was when I also discovered The Planet. :)
My first 3 months of vapeing started from a foggy memory from a year before, of a guy using a basic ecig set up at an xmas meal, then upgrading 'blind'. I knew little about the technical end of things, but I could 'see' how the kit worked, and could judge on a 'mechanical' basis what looked like it would be more effective at doing what it should, and what I wanted from it. This method was on the money, apart from one tank, but turns out, that one was the exception to the rule. (a COV stratos)
Finding POTV was a revelation !
I had no fuckin idea that vapeing was, so huge a 'thing', how many levels and/or sub sections there are, how technical it could be, how interesting it is, and how FUCKIN ADDICTIVE it is !! :D
Oh yeah, and how friendly and helpful The Planet, and it's apes are, always ready with advice, pointers, and even free kit ! and TPD. I'm still not surprised that so many people, including retailers are completely unaware about TPD. My upgrading accelerated at this point too. lol
I'm a mechanic, well, was, but I don't 'do' computers. Thanks to some very helpful advice even I've started diggin around in escribe and tweeking small things in the DNA200. That may not sound like much for most folk, but for me, it's big, I'm a fuckin dinosaur ! lol
After 8 months of vapeing and upgrading I seemed to reach a goal I didn't know was there, and found my 'perfect' set up.

As soon as these two went together, I had an odd feeling of content, like I'd got to where I was going. The Zephs just suit me, easy to use, low maintenance, nice deck and good flavour. The VTbox200 is the same, I love ally, size shape weight are on the money for me, and now that all 3 have decent LiPo's fitted they're pretty much my perfect mod.
I'm starting my 2nd year of vapeing with enough hardware to keep me vapeing though Armageddon never mind post TPD ! :D It's not actually a lot of kit, just decent gear that'll last and like using. A couple of goblin minis, a twisted messes & a 9 hells with spares to keep them going, (I've only cracked 1 glass in a year. :) ) on top of the handful of Zephs & VTs. I've Herselfs kit sorted in the same way, with 2x subtanks, 1x spare & around 5 years worth of coils. Plus, a pair of xpro M80 plus as backup mods we can call on.
I now have a 6 day battery cycle in place, with each of the 3 VTbox having 2 days in use, a 1/2 day cool down after use, 1/2 day charge, then 3 days rest before being used again, and low voltage cut off set for 3.3v. It's a bit anal, but it reduces strain on the LiPos as much as possible to get the best out of the cells, and hopefully reduces the chances of one turning into a firebomb in my hand. :) Again, Herself is now set up the same, as she gets a couple of days use from her istick 40s and I got her a 3rd for xmas.
That's my first year done, and thanks, in no small way to POTV and its apes, I'm where I am now.
A quick note to those who would take advantage of the apes good nature, (not sending items for sale/trade & entering for EVERY giveaway & doin fuck all else springs to mind) FUCK OFF ! Go and pedal your greed elsewhere ya fuckin knob jockies ! Otherwise, welcome to the friendliest forum I've had the pleasure to be registered on. :D
Take a bow Apes, thanks for the first year, yer all legends. :D

Congrats on your first year milestone..Nice post written from your soul I feel, Thanks..

Well Done @philxj4l and I agree with all your sentiments, but then..... I think you know that :2thumbsup:

Excellent post.
Congratulations on the first year.
My story started very similar to yours including the early choice of kit.
When I got to where I was going it was different to where you ended up, but that is a great thing about vaping, there is a style of vaping and a type of kit to suit everyone (you just have to find it).
Without POTV I am sure many of us would not be where we are.
Well done you. Well done POTV and yes " knob jockies" fuck off.

I'm nearly there well done

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1451998257.129046.jpg

Well done, and I'm kind of right behind you! Slightly different journey, but much the same pattern and sentiments. :)

Back
Top Bottom